2024 Camp Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: 2024 Camp Thread

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:11 pm

Calling John Kitna!!!! Browning is going to miss some time with a rib injury. You can only ask Logan to play so much. And you cannot afford to put Burrow out there without the 1's. Can Rocky even play a half at this point?
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:33 pm

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr
#Bengals punter Brad Robbins said he sustained a hip flexor injury early in practice:
"Sometimes those things happen. What you can do is just look forward see how you can treat it and get back as quick as possible. I'll take it day to day and see how things go."

Zac Taylor says Ja’Marr Chase not being here is a “day to day” situation but didn’t elaborate farther.

Said Jake Browning has a rib issue and will miss some time.

Said BJ Hill wasn’t here because he “had a baby.”

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:54 pm

Jay Morrison @ByJayMorrison
Correction, the #Bengals placed Jeff Gunter on the reserve/retired list.
Team’s second seventh-round pick to retire at a young age in the last few years, joining Wyatt Hubert.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:55 pm

Just got done talking to Deadcat. He just dropped his oldest boy off at Alabama. He's starting his pre-med classes. He made the pre-med honors roll.

This is the little boy I met when he and his family came to the lot. Boy how time flys.

His son is 34 ACT, Valadictorian, 4 year letterman in two sports, volunteered and worked all thru high school. I asked DC if he was paying for his college and he said only half, his son has been saving for years.

Needless to say he's very proud.

He says he's thinking of returning to the board this season.

I put this here cuz' I was afraid nobody'd see it in the Members Only section.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:58 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:55 pm
Just got done talking to Deadcat. He just dropped his oldest boy off at Alabama. He's starting his pre-med classes. He made the pre-med honors roll.

This is the little boy I met when he and his family came to the lot. Boy how time flys.

His son is 34 ACT, Valadictorian, 4 year letterman in two sports, volunteered and worked all thru high school. I asked DC if he was paying for his college and he said only half, his son has been saving for years.

LOVE seeing these success stories coming from the next generation. I have a millenial 27 year old and a gen z 22 year old. Both of them with great early careers, but evidently not nearly as smart as DCs son!! :lol: They must get that part from me cuz their mother is a dang microbiologist. Anyway, very nice work DC raising such a fine young man. Now get your ass back in here now that you are an empty nester!!
Seeking Superbowls

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:17 pm

that is great to hear B1... hope to see DC back soon

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:19 pm

Jordan Schultz @Schultz_Report

Sources: #Bengals RB Chris Evans suffered a torn patellar tendon during today’s practice, and he will miss the entire regular season.

Just a devastating blow for the former Michigan star, who was having a strong camp with Cincinnati.

8:04 PM · Aug 15, 2024
44.5K Views

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:58 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:55 pm

Dammit! Excellent to hear!
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:44 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:58 pm
Now get your ass back in here now that you are an empty nester!!
Oh, nothing could be further from reality.

DC had two children with his first wife who sadly passed away about a year after I showed him around the lot, a boy and a girl.

He's since remarried and now has a blended family as his second wife has several children.

He won't have an empty nest for many....many years. :lol:

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:49 pm

TheBurn wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:19 pm
Jordan Schultz @Schultz_Report

Sources: #Bengals RB Chris Evans suffered a torn patellar tendon during today’s practice, and he will miss the entire regular season.

Just a devastating blow for the former Michigan star, who was having a strong camp with Cincinnati.

8:04 PM · Aug 15, 2024
44.5K Views
That's a bummer but let's face it, the team never seemed to know what to do with him anyway. He never picked up the blocking schemes well enough for Zac to trust him on passing downs.

As much potential as I thought he had, I suspect the team will reach an injury settlement with him and pick up an additional RB when teams start to trim their rosters.