Re: Mock Draft Central

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:30 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:17 pm
R1: 18 Jer'Zhan Newton DI
R2: 49 Zach Frazier C
R3: 80 Blake Fisher T
R3: 97 Erick All TE

Not realistic but I thought it's the best I've had so far.
This looks like a typical (and I mean that in a good way) bengd draft. Not flashy, never flashy, but solid!
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:31 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 am
Mag wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:09 am
Screenshot_20240422-161635.png

A bit of a pipe dream.
I'm just being honest I pray we don't take Latham, he's got bust written all over him. I know you don't look at the school when you draft but Bama hasn't produced a good OT in a very very long time.
I'm honestly seeing lately ans reading that Latham is going top 10

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:54 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:31 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 am
Mag wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:09 am
Screenshot_20240422-161635.png

A bit of a pipe dream.
I'm just being honest I pray we don't take Latham, he's got bust written all over him. I know you don't look at the school when you draft but Bama hasn't produced a good OT in a very very long time.
I'm honestly seeing lately ans reading that Latham is going top 10
I will consider that a blessing.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:09 pm

Final mock from Brendan Donahue, who has been the most accurate prognosticator over the last five years: Bengals take DT Byron Murphy… at 12!

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/a ... -donahue/

The projected trade is: Denver Receives Picks 18 and 49. Cincinnati Receives Picks 12, 121, and 136. I don’t see it, but I don’t immediately hate it, and in this scenario I could see the Bengals packaging some picks to move back up into the second or early third.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:27 pm

i love it. we are only a few pieces away from the SB. now is the time to go get what you need! and a chris jones/aaron donald game wrecker like Murphy is IT

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:52 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:27 pm
i love it. we are only a few pieces away from the SB. now is the time to go get what you need! and a chris jones/aaron donald game wrecker like Murphy is IT
I agree and like I said earlier. These next 2 days can make us ALOT better. Don't just sit there and say well we got this guy or that guy. You have free money (extra draft picks), use them and move around and get what you need tonight and tomorrow.

Go get a Murphy or a Newton, and go get a Mims or Fautanu, and then go get a WR and or TE and go get an Edge and be done. 10 fools ain't making this team no ways!

Use some picks and let's walk outta the next 2 or 3 nights feeling like we really really did something great rather than settle cause we were dormant.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 pm

Yup. And don’t forget we took John Ross instead of mahomes

NFL Draft story that shaped up the NFL today:

- The #Chiefs were picking at No. 28 in 2016 and had interest in Memphis QB Paxton Lynch; however, the #Broncos traded up to 26 and got him.

- Denver gave up picks 31 and 94 to do the trade.

- The #Chiefs would've had an extra 3rd-round pick (No. 91) to offer in a trade-up for Lynch, but the NFL took it away for tampering in free agency with Jeremy Maclin.

- Lynch’s agent confirmed the next day that the Chiefs and Cowboys were the other two teams trying to move up.

- As a result, KC then traded out of No. 28 and down to No. 37. With that pick, the #Chiefs selected DT Chris Jones.

- The next year, still looking for a QB, the #Chiefs traded up from No. 27 to No. 10.

- With that pick, they selected Patrick Mahomes.

Kansas City went from having interest in Paxton Lynch to ending up with Chris Jones – and a year later Patrick Mahomes.

And the rest has been history ever since

Mag

Post by Mag » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:49 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:09 pm
Final mock from Brendan Donahue, who has been the most accurate prognosticator over the last five years: Bengals take DT Byron Murphy… at 12!

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/a ... -donahue/

The projected trade is: Denver Receives Picks 18 and 49. Cincinnati Receives Picks 12, 121, and 136. I don’t see it, but I don’t immediately hate it, and in this scenario I could see the Bengals packaging some picks to move back up into the second or early third.
If we trade up, it'll be for a OT.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:36 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 pm

- The #Chiefs were picking at No. 28 in 2016 and had interest in Memphis QB Paxton Lynch; however, the #Broncos traded up to 26 and got him.

- The #Chiefs would've had an extra 3rd-round pick (No. 91) to offer in a trade-up for Lynch, but the NFL took it away for tampering in free agency with Jeremy Maclin.

- Lynch’s agent confirmed the next day that the Chiefs and Cowboys were the other two teams trying to move up.

- As a result, KC then traded out of No. 28 and down to No. 37. With that pick, the #Chiefs selected DT Chris Jones.

- The next year, still looking for a QB, the #Chiefs traded up from No. 27 to No. 10.

Kansas City went from having interest in Paxton Lynch to ending up with Chris Jones – and a year later Patrick Mahomes.

And all we got was a Jon Ross :cry:

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:37 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:38 pm

And all we got was a Jon Ross :cry: