General Free Agency News & Chatter.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: General Free Agency News & Chatter.

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:30 pm

Letting Reader walk is going to puzzle me for a while. If you are Tart and his agent, didn't your price just skyrocket?? They know exactly what we are facing. You could have had Reader at a slightly elevated price (before he went to Detroit) and kept someone who knows the scheme well. Reader has to be hurt way worse than we all may know (but then why would he pass a physical in Detroit) because he definitely was a locker room hero.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:44 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:30 pm
Letting Reader walk is going to puzzle me for a while. If you are Tart and his agent, didn't your price just skyrocket?? They know exactly what we are facing. You could have had Reader at a slightly elevated price (before he went to Detroit) and kept someone who knows the scheme well. Reader has to be hurt way worse than we all may know (but then why would he pass a physical in Detroit) because he definitely was a locker room hero.
He can pass a physical and still have our doctors and coaches be pessimistic about how he is going to play after the injury.

We just discussed on here how the Bengals have made some surprisingly good decisions as far as letting players walk. Based on the fact that we heard nothing at all this week about the Bengals talking to Reader, I'm just going to choose to believe that they let him go for a good reason. We'll just have to wait and see.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:02 pm

Jmble wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:17 pm
Will be interesting to see if they end up with Tart to see how different his contract is than what Reader gets from the Lions.
JoeB is excited just because of his last name alone. ;)

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:31 pm

Jmble wrote:

Agreed with everyone here. Disappointed for Reader, but it really looks obvious that the Bengals never really had any intention of keeping him. I'm choosing to believe that they know more about his injury status than we do. Will be interesting to see if they end up with Tart to see how different his contract is than what Reader gets from the Lions.
The Bengals got the best years out of Reader. I believe his play will fall off and my guess is the Bengals feel the same way.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:34 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:31 pm
Jmble wrote:

Agreed with everyone here. Disappointed for Reader, but it really looks obvious that the Bengals never really had any intention of keeping him. I'm choosing to believe that they know more about his injury status than we do. Will be interesting to see if they end up with Tart to see how different his contract is than what Reader gets from the Lions.
The Bengals got the best years out of Reader. I believe his play will fall off and my guess is the Bengals feel the same way.
I think he'll be like that Whitworth type player and Bengals fans will have their excuse to complain about soP for another decade!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:04 pm

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
New Texans RB Joe Mixon now has signed a three-year, $27 million contract extension that includes $13 million guaranteed from Houston, per source.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:34 pm

Armstead out of the mix. Signed with the Jags. Tart or draft picks. Thats all we got left.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:02 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:34 pm
Armstead out of the mix. Signed with the Jags. Tart or draft picks. Thats all we got left.
So no RT and no DT. Gotcha :shock:
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:40 pm

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Chargers approached star WR Keenan Allen about a pay cut today, which he declined. The team then dealt him to the #Bears, who continue to load up. A wild offseason in Chicago.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:36 pm

I would not consider Keenan Allen as loading up. :lol: