Sour grapes

Talk NFL or college football here. Go Bengals!

Sour grapes

Postby stripesincarolina » January 8th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Yep, I admit it. After an unbelievably disappointing season, losing to the Stoolers twice and handing them the division, there they go once again winning in the playoffs. Seriously, their squad aint that good yet the team is led by a man with testicals, a QB that has an arm cannon and a defense that doesnt back down from anyone, ever. Am I jealous? Damn right. But I'm a Chiefs fan this week for sure.
NEW.COACH.NOW
stripesincarolina

Re: Sour grapes

Postby Bengals1 » January 8th, 2017, 8:29 pm

I watched the first 3 or 4 drives and it was so obvious the warm-weather Dolphins were afraid to tackle in that cold climate. They were just arm tackling, nobody was throwing their bodies into it. It was apparent the Steelers were going to win from about 4 minutes in so I just turned it off.
Bengals1

Postby Mag » January 9th, 2017, 9:50 am

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1843 ... 50029060=1

This will make you feel a bit better.
Mag

Postby stripesincarolina » January 9th, 2017, 10:02 am

Mag wrote:http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18434301/steelers-assistant-joey-porter-arrested-pittsburgh-bar-accused-assaulting-doorman?ex_cid=espnfb&sf50029060=1

Actually that made me feel worse. Because if they had flagged and ejected that bitch in our playoff game last year we very likely would have still won that game. Where does the NFL draw the line on coaches that continually straddle the line between a coach and a thug? Does the discipline policy mirror the NFLPA?
NEW.COACH.NOW
stripesincarolina

Postby Jmble » January 9th, 2017, 11:10 am

But, but..... The Steelers don't do anything wrong. Their players are all model citizens. They would never do the terrible things that the big bad Bengals would do. Joey Porter must have been framed.
Jmble

Postby Bengals1 » January 9th, 2017, 12:37 pm

There was also a report Big Jen was seen after the game sporting a walking-boot although he claimed he would play next week against KC regardless....
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » January 9th, 2017, 3:48 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mag wrote:http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18434301/steelers-assistant-joey-porter-arrested-pittsburgh-bar-accused-assaulting-doorman?ex_cid=espnfb&sf50029060=1

Actually that made me feel worse. Because if they had flagged and ejected that bitch in our playoff game last year we very likely would have still won that game. Where does the NFL draw the line on coaches that continually straddle the line between a coach and a thug? Does the discipline policy mirror the NFLPA?

Do they even have a line?

Greg Williams was just hired as the Brown's DC. Dude was the guy who instigated Bountygate. He literally paid players to take other players out. Surprised the Steelers didn't hire him!
Deadcat

Postby Deadcat » January 9th, 2017, 3:51 pm

Bengals1 wrote:There was also a report Big Jen was seen after the game sporting a walking-boot although he claimed he would play next week against KC regardless....

It was later reported that Burfict will be suspended 8 games for hurting Big Ben. This is curious since Burfict does not play for the Dolphins but apparently the Steelers had provided video evidence of Burfict's infraction.

It was also later found that Burfict was responsible for the Democratic Party email leaks and not the Russians. Donald Trump denied any relationship with Burfict.
Deadcat

Postby MeatHeadbengal » January 10th, 2017, 9:23 am

Deadcat wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:There was also a report Big Jen was seen after the game sporting a walking-boot although he claimed he would play next week against KC regardless....

It was later reported that Burfict will be suspended 8 games for hurting Big Ben. This is curious since Burfict does not play for the Dolphins but apparently the Steelers had provided video evidence of Burfict's infraction.

It was also later found that Burfict was responsible for the Democratic Party email leaks and not the Russians. Donald Trump denied any relationship with Burfict.

LOL!!! That made my day!
MeatHeadbengal

Postby stripesincarolina » January 17th, 2017, 6:11 am

And the Stoolers just keep grinding out wins. And Sanu has now won a playoff game with a team that wasnt highly rated early in the season and could easily make it to the SB.

Yep, sour grapes.
NEW.COACH.NOW
stripesincarolina

Next

Return to Football