Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:29 am

Jmble wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:16 am
Tee Higgins has officially requested a trade.

I'm okay with trading him as long as we get what he's worth in return. Preferably I'd like an NFL quality player over a draft pick, but I don't know what the odds of that are. I'd take L'Jarius Sneed for him, but I really don't see us working a deal to help the Chiefs offense.

I just hope Mike Brown doesn't draw a line in the sand with him and hurt the team over his pride.
Really hard to say what Brown will do. Will be interesting to say the least.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:54 am

Word is front office haven't been in touch with Tees agents since March of 2023 ...according to Shefter

I'd this is true, I have to question wtf we're doing here......

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:01 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:54 am
Word is front office haven't been in touch with Tees agents since March of 2023 ...according to Shefter

It's being reported that Tee's agent is asking Cinci for a trade. I'm not sure if David Mulugheta just hates the Bengals or vise versa, but this doesn't sound good.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:03 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:01 am
Joe Bananas wrote:

It's being reported that Tee's agent is asking Cinci for a trade. I'm not sure if David Mulugheta just hates the Bengals or vise versa, but this doesn't sound good.
Yeah, but sure about this agent. From what I read he/they are pretty much dickheads. But who knows. Maybe they're asking for wayyyyyyy more than what the Bengals think he's worth. That's usually the case with crap like this.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:05 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:03 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:

Yeah, but sure about this agent. From what I read he/they are pretty much dickheads. But who knows. Maybe they're asking for wayyyyyyy more than what the Bengals think he's worth. That's usually the case with crap like this.
Now that you mention that, Jessie Bates had the same agent, and if I remember correctly, the same exact situation happened.

Jessie eventually reported to camp and played. We'll see if the same thing happens here.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:16 am

Jmble wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:05 am
Joe Bananas wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

Now that you mention that, Jessie Bates had the same agent, and if I remember correctly, the same exact situation happened.

Jessie eventually reported to camp and played. We'll see if the same thing happens here.
Yeah. Gonna be interesting for sure. I'm just a firm believer we cannot continue to lose players like Bates, Higgins and say well we will be fine. No, no, you won't. Signing Scott to replace Bates didn't work. Drafting a 6th rounder this year to replace Higgins isn't going to work. These are the type of players we need to keep in place to build a championship (hopefully) team.

Maybe..maybe....trade Higgins and get maybe a first and hopefully someone like Thomas (WR-LSU) falls to us at 18. He's legit.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:36 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:16 am
Jmble wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:05 am
Joe Bananas wrote:

Yeah. Gonna be interesting for sure. I'm just a firm believer we cannot continue to lose players like Bates, Higgins and say well we will be fine. No, no, you won't. Signing Scott to replace Bates didn't work. Drafting a 6th rounder this year to replace Higgins isn't going to work. These are the type of players we need to keep in place to build a championship (hopefully) team.

Maybe..maybe....trade Higgins and get maybe a first and hopefully someone like Thomas (WR-LSU) falls to us at 18. He's legit.
I'm thinking we need to go ahead and trade Tee and get a first rounder if we can. David Mulugheta sucks so lets just get what we can and move on.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:39 pm

Jesse James @AgentJesseJames
Tee Higgins Trade Request thoughts:

1. Bengals still hold the cards (leverage) in this situation. Their stance won’t change, aided by the argument that they believe $21.8M is market value for 2024, dictated by the argument Ja’Marr Chase’s 5th year option next year = $21.8M. Year 5 for Higgins is no different.

2. Bengals will NOT budge on a trade that does not favor them. See my prior posts about analyzing previous Bengals trades of Corey Dillon and Carson Palmer. Tee being vocal definitely will raise their “antenna” on the trade. However, Bengals will not trade unless they win the trade.

3. Tee has to go through these steps to get Cincinnati’s attention. Especially, if the story is true that they haven’t opened negotiations back up.

However, Cincinnati may not have opened up conversations for different reasons. If, plan was to pay him on the tag the whole time; DM said don’t approach us unless the offer is ______ (and the offer never got there); Bengals don’t see Tee in their long term plans (coincides with the first reason listed); Bengals want to go into Free Agency with the $21.8M cap hit, negotiate several deals with prospective FA’s, sign some and then see what their cap situation is like and then reopen conversations (I think this is a likely scenario).

4. Bengals want to wait and see some of these other Free Agent WR deals and possible WR cuts/restructures (think Michael Pittman/Calvin Ridley and Keenan Allen/Mike Williams) before making another offer to Tee. The WR market can be volatile. Bengals know that and will be patient with it.

Don’t villainize Tee Higgins for this request. It’s part of the business and the right business decision on his part. He has to look out for what is best (long term) for himself.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:44 pm

Plan was to tag Tee all along, much like Bates and in the end allowing him to walk and try to cash in for that 3rd round comp pick Mikey so adores.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:17 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:44 pm
Plan was to tag Tee all along, much like Bates and in the end allowing him to walk and try to cash in for that 3rd round comp pick Mikey so adores.
You're probably right but I sure hope they learned something from the Bates fiasco. :?