Official 2024 Draft Thread, All things Draft.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Official 2024 Draft Thread, All things Draft.

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:16 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:28 pm
Did the Cincinnati Bengals Get Shorted on a Comp Pick Error by the NFL?

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/did- ... nfl-2024/
If there was an error, is there any recourse to file to fix this issue?

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:34 am

You would think if they were wrong then they could change it right?

I'm not sure how Bates and Brown were only ranked 4th rounders. Said neither was in the top 5% of their positions. I don't agree with that either.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:34 am

The new Athletic Beat Writer Mock Draft is out.

Paul Dehner selects for the Bengals.

18. Cincinnati Bengals: Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
This was a stunningly difficult decision since I didn’t expect both Fuaga and Byron Murphy II to be available. It was a battle of top options at the team’s two top positional priorities. I opted for Fuaga, because he’s just too perfect of a stylistic fit as a powerful, nasty presence on the line. His inside-outside versatility — along with that of new OT Trent Brown — would allow the Bengals to withstand injuries up front in a win-now year and plug a long-term solution at RT down the line. Had any other offensive lineman fallen, Murphy would have been the easy pick. — Paul Dehner

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:50 am

Jmble wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:34 am

This was a stunningly difficult decision since I didn’t expect both Fuaga and Byron Murphy II to be available. It was a battle of top options at the team’s two top positional priorities. I opted for Fuaga, because he’s just too perfect of a stylistic fit as a powerful, nasty presence on the line. His inside-outside versatility — along with that of new OT Trent Brown — would allow the Bengals to withstand injuries up front in a win-now year and plug a long-term solution at RT down the line. Had any other offensive lineman fallen, Murphy would have been the easy pick. — Paul Dehner
I'm sorry if Byron Murphy is there at 18 I'm sprinting to the podium with his name!!

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:21 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:50 am
Jmble wrote:

I'm sorry if Byron Murphy is there at 18 I'm sprinting to the podium with his name!!
You cannot allow all the good OTs to wait until 2nd or 3rd cause they might not be there. Guy like Sweat, McKinley and others will be there in 2nd and 3rd. Get your OT now.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:31 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:21 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Jmble wrote:

You cannot allow all the good OTs to wait until 2nd or 3rd cause they might not be there. Guy like Sweat, McKinley and others will be there in 2nd and 3rd. Get your OT now.
The OT is deeper then the DT class, and if you can get Murphy you grab him there. I'm not sold on some of those other guys.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:53 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:31 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:21 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

The OT is deeper then the DT class, and if you can get Murphy you grab him there. I'm not sold on some of those other guys.
I'd be ok with Murphy Newton or one of the top OTs to be honest. But would love Sweat as well. Just think 18 is way to early for him

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:09 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Yeah......no.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Texas DT Murphy in stripes but the first and foremost challenge is to keep Joe Glass healthy and upright. A solid DT should still be there when we come around in the 2nd.

Look at it this way, how many games have we lost the past 4 years because of an untimely sack in crunch time vs how many games we've lost due to inadequate D-Line play...?

Build this O-line into a formidable group, keep Joe Glass healthy for 17 games and I can virtually guarantee you a place in the play-offs.....period.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:28 pm

I think both choices are a win, but I lean towards the OL as well.

I feel a lot better about this team scoring enough points to keep up with our defense with Burrow healthy and having time to make plays than I do about us outscoring teams without Burrow. I know Browning looked fine replacing him, but I don't think any of us want to be back there.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:12 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:09 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Yeah......no.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Texas DT Murphy in stripes but the first and foremost challenge is to keep Joe Glass healthy and upright. A solid DT should still be there when we come around in the 2nd.

Look at it this way, how many games have we lost the past 4 years because of an untimely sack in crunch time vs how many games we've lost due to inadequate D-Line play...?

Build this O-line into a formidable group, keep Joe Glass healthy for 17 games and I can virtually guarantee you a place in the play-offs.....period.
I see your point but the Bengals D was one of the worst in the league last year and if it doesn't improve no way headed back to SB. Plus I have zero faith in the Bengals to draft an above average OL let alone a pro-bowl level one.