All Things NFL Combine 2024!

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

All Things NFL Combine 2024!

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:29 pm

I figured we could use an all things Combine since it's this week.

Let's see who's who on testing day.

Bengals1

Re: All Things NFL Combine 2024!

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:30 am

Okay, I get why players entering the draft don't want to play in their teams bowl games due to fear of injury. I don't like it, but I get it. But why don't star players want to participate in the combine now...?

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer @TheMMQB
Takeaways 💥💥
Ohio State supernova @MarvHarrisonJr
isn't just skipping drills in Indy. He's not at a combine training facility at all, instead staying at OSU and building towards his rookie season.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#LSU WR Malik Nabers, in contention to be the top WR taken in the NFL Draft, will be at the NFL Scouting Combine for interviews, but won't run or test until his Pro Day on March 27, sources say.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

Think the combine is slowly dying. One day, not sure how soon, probably a while all we'll see is 4th to 7th rounders to UDFA work out. We are seeing more and more top guys sit out the combine each year. NOT that big of a deal with senior bowls, pro days etc, but man I have loved the combine for years and always look forward too it!
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:25 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm
Think the combine is slowly dying. One day, not sure how soon, probably a while all we'll see is 4th to 7th rounders to UDFA work out. We are seeing more and more top guys sit out the combine each year. NOT that big of a deal with senior bowls, pro days etc, but man I have loved the combine for years and always look forward too it!
Only way this changes is if teams punish draft picks for not testing. I want to see OL and DL testing more then anything else this year anyway. Maybe a couple TE's.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:03 pm

Had it on in the background today during the DL drills. There are some great athletic DTs. Would love one of our first 2 picks

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:43 pm

Think this class loaded. Qbs are stacked, Wrs, oline, defense.

Rb not so much. TE not so much.

Really loved some Olinemen I seen. I'm not as crazy over Mims as most. He gives he Cedric and Akili Smith vibes. He hurt a few times and only played or started in like 8 games total. Draft him after only 8 games and throw him against Pittn Cleveland, Baltimore he gonna get smoked badddddd! But maybe not, I'm not an expert.

I don't believe fully in drafting "potential", never have... you played 4 to 5 years in college, if you haven't shown what you can do yet after 4 years then I'm hesitant on drafting you... just my opinion.

Remember Marvin's big thing on draft picks were he had alof potential...or he hasn't reached his potential yet. I mean I get that. I get that you're going to learn alot from college to pros and guys gonna get bigger and stronger from 21..22 to 26..27... but if you have played 3 to 5 years in college and only played on 8 to 10 games there's a reason for that.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.