NFL News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: NFL News & Notes

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:36 pm

CJ U and Hurst are both hitting the market again. I'm gonna take a hard pass at this point. We cannot kick the TE position down the road any further. Just posting their availability in case you would like to discuss.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:23 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:24 pm
Are we not all saying the same thing here? He has demonstrated he can, at times, play like a #1 except he's on a team where he isn't a #1. But he thinks he is, so let him go get paid like a 1 and give us compensation accordingly. The circumstances are what they are. The draft is deep and Higgins wants his money. All the cards are lining up for an excellent trade.
Well that was the entire conversation last night on 700wlw, is Tee really a #1 WR and the host made some compelling argument that he's not. Sure other teams in the league may but I would bet not all.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:35 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:36 pm
CJ U and Hurst are both hitting the market again. I'm gonna take a hard pass at this point. We cannot kick the TE position down the road any further. Just posting their availability in case you would like to discuss.
I understand where you're coming from here. It's kind of like dating your old girlfriend at this point. But it's unlikely Bowers will be there at 18 and the Bengals are historically loath to trade up.

I would love it if Stover out of OSU were there for us in the 2nd but I doubt that scenario plays out too.

So we're faced with taking a TE in the mid rounds and/or picking one up in Free Agency. I don't want to go into camp with no Tight Ends under contract like we almost did last season.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:35 pm

I can honestly think 17, 18 teams right now that Tee woild be a number 1. Atlanta, Cleveland, Tennessee, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England, Kansas City, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Denver, Giants, Washington, Arizona, Green Bay, Chicago, New Orleans, Carolina.

Thats over half the league. He getting number 1 money from us or someone...that's a guarentee. You can probably argue 2 to maybe 3 more teams and that puts it at 20 or more. Sure, he's not with us, due to Chase, but I don't think any of the teams I mentioned wouldn't make him their number 1??
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:52 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:35 pm
I can honestly think 17, 18 teams right now that Tee woild be a number 1. Atlanta, Cleveland, Tennessee, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England, Kansas City, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Denver, Giants, Washington, Arizona, Green Bay, Chicago, New Orleans, Carolina.

Thats over half the league. He getting number 1 money from us or someone...that's a guarentee. You can probably argue 2 to maybe 3 more teams and that puts it at 20 or more. Sure, he's not with us, due to Chase, but I don't think any of the teams I mentioned wouldn't make him their number 1??
100% agree. Which is why we put him on the block this week to the highest bidder. Give us a low Rd 1 this year and we can do some serious damage.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:17 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:

He's not a #1 though, look at the beginning of the season, he was completely MIA. I bet there's a lot of teams out there if you asked privately they would say he's not.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:08 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:17 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:

He's not a #1 though, look at the beginning of the season, he was completely MIA. I bet there's a lot of teams out there if you asked privately they would say he's not.
I get it, but just playing devils advocate. There are going to be teams that would love to have a 25 year old 6'4 multi-season 1000 yard catcher and teams like Washington and others would pay him number 1 money without a doubt in my mind. Just because he's not a 1 for us doesn't mean he will not be for other teams.

And yes, I'm sure there are teams that believe he's not. But I would dare to say 60 to 65% of the league believe that he is.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:21 pm

Interesting article on a possible trade with the Bears for the #9 pick. Personally I think if we had that kind of offer it's a no brainer and a done deal.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:22 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:08 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:

I get it, but just playing devils advocate. There are going to be teams that would love to have a 25 year old 6'4 multi-season 1000 yard catcher and teams like Washington and others would pay him number 1 money without a doubt in my mind. Just because he's not a 1 for us doesn't mean he will not be for other teams.

And yes, I'm sure there are teams that believe he's not. But I would dare to say 60 to 65% of the league believe that he is.
I really don't argue those points honestly I feel like that's a very fair percentage and would say if we could trade him and get a quality draft pick we should.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:29 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:22 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:08 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

I really don't argue those points honestly I feel like that's a very fair percentage and would say if we could trade him and get a quality draft pick we should.
I didn't want to at first but I am leaning towards let's get something for him I don't want to see him walk and settle for a 3rd rounder in two years. If we get a 1st or 33, or 34 let's do it! If hes wanting Mike Evans money - which he will then he's gonna want atleast 28 to 30 Mil a year....that's wayyyy to much for my blood. If anyone deserves it then it's Chase and we truly cannot afford to pay both Wrs 30 Mil a year.