Re: NFL News & Notes

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:29 pm

orange_black wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:48 am
Joe Bananas wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:02 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:33 pm

According to the Superbowl sign conspiracy theory it's going to be the Ratbirds v the Niners and the Niners win.

If you haven't heard of this it's pretty wild honestly, I don't personally put a lot of weight into it however it's been accurate over the last 3 or so years.
This was or course before Lamar realized he was Lamar and put up a 75% Qb rating and only like a 50 sum completion rate. Refs couldn't do enough to help him although that throw in the endzone to Edwards I think, was gawd awful. They had like 2 or 3 mug him bad 2 seconds before the ball arrived. Awful no call. Refs are and have been horrible for a few years now. Geez o pete!
I love a good conspiracy theory. I personally have been questioning ref calls since about 2015. I’ve come to one conclusion. While I do NOT believe the nfl game can be “rigged” for a certain team to win, I DO believe the nfl game can be “swayed”in their favor due to ref calls. And that up is what I believe we are seeing.
Agree totally OB!
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:21 am

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Salary cap news:

The NFL announced that the 2024 Salary Cap will be $255.4M per club, with an additional $74M per club payment for player benefits, which includes Performance Based Pay and benefits for retired players. Total 2024 player costs will be $329.4M per club, or more than $10.5B league-wide.

The unprecedented $30M increase per club in this year’s Salary Cap is the result of the full repayment of all amounts advanced by the clubs and deferred by the players during the Covid pandemic as well as an extraordinary increase in media revenue for the 2024 season.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:14 am

In the "damn we are getting old" side of things, Chris Mortensen passed away from his battle with throat cancer and now I see Peter King has retired. Some sad days in sporting news ahead.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:53 pm

Have to believe this does not bode well for getting a long term contract done with Tee...

Jordan Schultz @Schultz_Report
Mike Evans getting $26M per year is more than what most anticipated. One high-ranking NFL executive texted: “This is great news for Higgins, Pittman, Ridley, Davis etc.”

Expecting a trade more than ever now. Not my first choice but it is what it is... :|

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:38 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:53 pm
Have to believe this does not bode well for getting a long term contract done with Tee...

Mike Evans getting $26M per year is more than what most anticipated. One high-ranking NFL executive texted: “This is great news for Higgins, Pittman, Ridley, Davis etc.”

Expecting a trade more than ever now. Not my first choice but it is what it is... :|
I was driving around last night and listening to 700wlw and there was an interesting argument going on. Is Tee Higgins a #1 WR? I tend to agree with the host at the time I don't think he is. He's not on the same level as a Mike Evans or some of these other folks. He's played well but his years he shines we've had other guys like Chase around him to free him up.

Now with that said I like Tee and I think he should stay here but I don't think he should be getting WR#1 money.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:12 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:38 am
Bengals1 wrote:

I was driving around last night and listening to 700wlw and there was an interesting argument going on. Is Tee Higgins a #1 WR? I tend to agree with the host at the time I don't think he is. He's not on the same level as a Mike Evans or some of these other folks. He's played well but his years he shines we've had other guys like Chase around him to free him up.

Now with that said I like Tee and I think he should stay here but I don't think he should be getting WR#1 money.
I hear you, but he was certainly playing like one in Chase's absence and putting up 100 yd games. He's gonna get paid. Trade him.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:19 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:12 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:38 am
Bengals1 wrote:

I hear you, but he was certainly playing like one in Chase's absence and putting up 100 yd games. He's gonna get paid. Trade him.
Sure when Chase was out he decided to show up, however when Chase was in and our offense needed him at the beginning of the season he was very much not around. Some team may pay him however I still don't think he's a #1 WR.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:45 pm

The problem is Tee thinks he's a #1 receiver and he and his agent will demand #1 money.....period.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:11 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:45 pm
The problem is Tee thinks he's a #1 receiver and he and his agent will demand #1 money.....period.
Well that's all well and good that will just mean he's here for a good time not a long time and we have to accept that.

Unless you truly think he's a #1 and deserves that type of money.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:24 pm

Are we not all saying the same thing here? He has demonstrated he can, at times, play like a #1 except he's on a team where he isn't a #1. But he thinks he is, so let him go get paid like a 1 and give us compensation accordingly. The circumstances are what they are. The draft is deep and Higgins wants his money. All the cards are lining up for an excellent trade.