Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:53 pm

So apparently McCarron asked to be released so he could go back and play in the UFL...

AJ McCarron Re-Signing With St. Louis Battlehawks After Being Released By Cincinnati Bengals

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/aj- ... ti-bengals

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:00 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:53 pm
So apparently McCarron asked to be released so he could go back and play in the UFL...

AJ McCarron Re-Signing With St. Louis Battlehawks After Being Released By Cincinnati Bengals

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/aj- ... ti-bengals
Right, cuz he's a BALLER!! He's break records again this year in the UFL. And he could have taken us all the way to the SB and won this year. No shade on the efforts of our current QB room. But McCarron is a rock star. Probably the biggest miss in NFL history. He already has virtual SB rings. :lol:
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:50 am

PFF CIN Bengals @PFF_Bengals
Bengals 2023 offensive line grades:

Orlando Brown Jr.: 66.6
Cordell Volson: 58.9
Ted Karras: 67.4
Alex Cappa: 65.6
Jonah Williams: 59.1

Now, which three did we sign and which two did we draft...hmmmm.....🤔

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:18 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:50 am
PFF CIN Bengals @PFF_Bengals
Bengals 2023 offensive line grades:

Orlando Brown Jr.: 66.6
Cordell Volson: 58.9
Ted Karras: 67.4
Alex Cappa: 65.6
Jonah Williams: 59.1

Now, which three did we sign and which two did we draft...hmmmm.....🤔
We really need to stop drafting players that don't test. We need to focus on players that are really good athletes, you can teach football you can't teach athletics.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:03 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:18 am
We really need to stop drafting players that don't test. We need to focus on players that are really good athletes, you can teach football you can't teach athletics.
Most of the time fans blame the coaching for our poor Offensive Line development. But that begs the question, why do the players we sign continue to thrive after they've joined the team?

I have to believe its the scouting. We seem to be fine at scouting WR and DL players but terrible at OL and TE.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:00 pm

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr
#Bengals won’t be the lone NFL team left still using slit-film turf next season.
They are moving to FieldTurf CORE, surface used in Atlanta, Carolina, Detroit, New England, New York and Seattle, according to a club release.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:37 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:03 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:18 am
Most of the time fans blame the coaching for our poor Offensive Line development. But that begs the question, why do the players we sign continue to thrive after they've joined the team?

I have to believe its the scouting. We seem to be fine at scouting WR and DL players but terrible at OL and TE.
I think our biggest issue is our higher OL picks have been guys that haven't tested at the combine. We really need to focus that position on guys that test at the combine and test well. Start with athletes and I strongly feel we'll have a much better time developing them.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:39 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:37 pm
I think our biggest issue is our higher OL picks have been guys that haven't tested at the combine. We really need to focus that position on guys that test at the combine and test well. Start with athletes and I strongly feel we'll have a much better time developing them.
We've talked about this before and I agree with you. The difference is I think SoP can't stay away from players he perceives as a bargin.

Oogie-Boogie was considered the top tackle in his senior year but when he got injured he fell back to where the Bengals were selecting. "A top 5 pick falls to us!?! Grab him!!"

That's been the mentality. I don't know how much influence SoP still has in the draft room. I think and hope Zac has a better, calmer head on his shoulders.

That guy from the Raiders is a FA and said he wants to sign with a team that can beat the Chiefs specifically. Sounds like a match made in heaven...

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:11 pm

Well....that didn't take long...

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Source: The #Bengals informed star WR Tee Higgins that they are franchising him.
The franchise tag number is expected to be around $21.8M, fully guaranteed, for the #Bengals and Tee Higgins. The first tagged player of this window.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:55 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:11 pm
Well....that didn't take long...

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Source: The #Bengals informed star WR Tee Higgins that they are franchising him.
The franchise tag number is expected to be around $21.8M, fully guaranteed, for the #Bengals and Tee Higgins. The first tagged player of this window.
Yeah Locked on Bengals did a video on this last night. This doesn't surprise me, everything out of the Bengals camp right now is somehow work out a long term deal with Tee. I'm hoping this does happen.