NFL News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: NFL News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:12 pm

orange_black wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:11 pm
Just sitting here imagining what burrow could do with the time mahomes is getting.
Yep. Despite all the time, money and energy put into improving the O-line it remains mediocre at best.

Exile

Post by Exile » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:05 am

orange_black wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:07 pm
Put me in the camp that thinks bellichick is a sub par head coach without Tom Brady.
I think Bellichick was a great coach (maybe the greatest) at a particular time. He was a great defensive mind who did some really smart, innovative things to slow down or stop some of the best offenses of the 2000s and 2010s. And he was on the leading edge of a new movement in player personnel. I don't think Brady wins all the Super Bowls without Belichick... and vice versa. So yeah, I think Bill was a great head coach... but I also think the game passed him by. He's not on the cutting edge of defense anymore, and his approach to players and roster building doesn't seem all that effective anymore either.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:48 am

Exile wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:05 am
I think Bellichick was a great coach (maybe the greatest) at a particular time. He was a great defensive mind who did some really smart, innovative things to slow down or stop some of the best offenses of the 2000s and 2010s. And he was on the leading edge of a new movement in player personnel. I don't think Brady wins all the Super Bowls without Belichick... and vice versa. So yeah, I think Bill was a great head coach... but I also think the game passed him by. He's not on the cutting edge of defense anymore, and his approach to players and roster building doesn't seem all that effective anymore either.
+1

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:37 pm

Fuck CBS for replaying the Bengals / Chiefs AFCC game from last year. God I despise the Chiefs. Its almost like they are in the AFCN we play them so much.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:38 pm

If I were Jerrah' I'd fire my Defensive Coordinator immediately following this game. :oops:

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:58 pm

Man I am so twisted up in knots over the NFL teams this year, and now the playoffs as well. So much you think you know that goes sideways, so much we thought we knew in the regular season that finally shook out in the playoffs, and after all of it I am more convinced than ever we could have gone deep this year. Wasted season. So help me this better end up being a Lions v Bills or Texans superbowl. F the stoolers. And F the Ravens and the false MVP Lamar Jackson.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:01 pm

All these games have sucked ass. Cept the Lions and Rams and honestly who gives a fuck about em. I mean I'm glad the eagles and boys lost but these games have been about as exciting as a Lawrence Welk TV special.

I wanna see a lions and Texans SB. I don't wanna see a 9ers and chiefs or rats game. But that's what is scripted so that'll be what we get. Sorry guys I've not been these games have been fixed or refs have a hand in shit due to money, but all honesty, I can't deny it anymore. Look...how many millionaires or billionaires you know who ain't half ass crooked or have made that money legit? Well, same as for the NFL trillion dollar empire. :?
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:09 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:01 pm
All these games have sucked ass. Cept the Lions and Rams and honestly who gives a fuck about em. I mean I'm glad the eagles and boys lost but these games have been about as exciting as a Lawrence Welk TV special.

I wanna see a lions and Texans SB. I don't wanna see a 9ers and chiefs or rats game. But that's what is scripted so that'll be what we get. Sorry guys I've not been these games have been fixed or refs have a hand in shit due to money, but all honesty, I can't deny it anymore. Look...how many millionaires or billionaires you know who ain't half ass crooked or have made that money legit? Well, same as for the NFL trillion dollar empire. :?
Hey man I get to watch Lawrence Welk when I visit my grandfather on Sunday's, he's a highlight of my week. :o

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:58 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:09 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:01 pm

Hey man I get to watch Lawrence Welk when I visit my grandfather on Sunday's, he's a highlight of my week. :o
I used to have to watch him with the grandparents too, but it still sucked.

Enjoy it while you can Meat...
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:39 pm

Wide right..........what a cruel, cruel world this is.