Alabama and college football

Talk about non Bengals stuff
Exile

Alabama and college football

Post by Exile » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:40 am

End of an era with Saban retiring. Really interested to see how the dominoes fall with that coaching hire--you'd have to think it's someone who's been through Alabama, they've certainly got enough big names who worked under Saban. Which makes it all the wilder, potentially, because a lot of those guys have taken jobs at big programs. No reason for Kirby to take it. Does Sark bounce from Texas this quickly? Lane Kiffin? Dan Lanning? Would he want to leave Oregon? Wouldn't think they'd want Jimbo, but idk.

For years the talk was Dabo, but his stock has fallen the last several years. I heard some rumors that they want Deboer, the Washington coach--but it's not like he's got a bad gig there, getting to the NC game. But it could be a good marriage, I suppose, his west coast ties for recruiting with Bama's strong position recruiting in the south.

I have no idea, just throwing out names at this point. But it seems likely that whoever would go to Bama would leave some current program in the lurch.

Bengals1

Re: Alabama and college football

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:28 am

Lots of Bama players entering the Transfer Portal. I hope OSU can land a few, especially some O-linemen. 8-)

Bengals1

Re: Alabama and college football

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:10 pm

Looks like have a winner....

Alabama set to hire Washington's Kalen DeBoer as next head coach following Nick Saban’s retirement: report
DeBoer is 104-12 in his head coaching career.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/alabama- ... retirement