Re: Monday night Jags Thread

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:01 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:28 pm
orange_black wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:25 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:46 am
That was a fun game to watch last night, I still don't like the outlook for the rest of the season but last night was fun.
I dont get this at all....

Indianapolis
Vikings
Stoolers
Chiefs
Browns

..... lotta winnable games coming up if Browning can play the way he did last night.

as stripes said, we are not done yet.
I'm sorry I just don't agree. Colt's are playing very well right now, Vikings might be a win, the Stoolers and Browns have very very good defenses and I don't think Browning is going to be able to duplicate what we saw last night. The Chief's are an almost guaranteed loss, so realistically I see maybe 2 to 3 wins left and that's just not going to get it.
Pessimist Meathead has spoken. :lol:
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:26 pm

As of today this outcome is still viable. But Meat would have you believe otherwise.

https://twitter.com/TylerMeinerding/sta ... -xT0g&s=19

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:35 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:26 pm
As of today this outcome is still viable. But Meat would have you believe otherwise.

https://twitter.com/TylerMeinerding/sta ... -xT0g&s=19
Lol, I wouldn't put any money on it.

Exile

Post by Exile » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:27 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:28 pm
orange_black wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:25 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:46 am
That was a fun game to watch last night, I still don't like the outlook for the rest of the season but last night was fun.
I dont get this at all....

Indianapolis
Vikings
Stoolers
Chiefs
Browns

..... lotta winnable games coming up if Browning can play the way he did last night.

as stripes said, we are not done yet.
I'm sorry I just don't agree. Colt's are playing very well right now, Vikings might be a win, the Stoolers and Browns have very very good defenses and I don't think Browning is going to be able to duplicate what we saw last night. The Chief's are an almost guaranteed loss, so realistically I see maybe 2 to 3 wins left and that's just not going to get it.
There's definitely a tendency, as teams get film on a QB, for their play to drop off as the defense schemes against their weaknesses. You see it year after year, someone looks really good for a few games (Derek Anderson made the Pro Bowl for the Browns) but defenses catch up with them. That said, the thing that gives me hope for Browning was that it really seemed like he was doing a lot. It didn't seem like a limited gameplan, just a gameplan that fit him. He was making reads, he was improvising, and making a lot of different throws. Can't say that he won't flame out, but it's a promising performance.

There are almost no easy games in the NFL, but it at least feels like this team can still put up a fight. The defense needs to continue to improve, and having something to fight for is a good way to keep them focused and working hard and improving. Maybe we can still make a run this year, not impossible, but I think this helps us continue to build for the long-term as well. Love it.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:05 pm

AFC Offensive Player of the Week..........Jake Browning! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:44 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:05 pm
AFC Offensive Player of the Week..........Jake Browning! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Well deserved by him!