UM under investigation for sign stealing.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: UM under investigation for sign stealing.

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:57 am

Several sources are reporting Hairball will be suspended indefinitely on Monday. I'll believe it when it happens... :roll:

Message Board Geniuses @BoardGeniuses
🚨BREAKING 🚨
High-ranking sources tell MBG that Jim Harbaugh will be suspended indefinitely on Monday. #Michigan plans to fight. More to come…

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:46 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:57 am
Several sources are reporting Hairball will be suspended indefinitely on Monday. I'll believe it when it happens... :roll:

🚨BREAKING 🚨
High-ranking sources tell MBG that Jim Harbaugh will be suspended indefinitely on Monday. #Michigan plans to fight. More to come…
If the Big Ten wouldn't even open an investigation after the call I don't expect anything to happen honestly.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:54 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:46 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:57 am

🚨BREAKING 🚨
If the Big Ten wouldn't even open an investigation after the call I don't expect anything to happen honestly.
The BIG10 commissioner met with the dean of UM last Friday (see my post above) and reportedly laid out " overwhelming evidence" of systemic cheating. Obviously, that could only come from the conferences own investigation. Allegedly, UM pulled their contract extension for Hairball off the table later that day.

I don't know how accurate the suspension of Hairball talk is but it's not illogical they'd try and do something proactive to try and stave off more serious punishment and fines etc...either from the BIG10 or the NCAA itself.

We'll see...

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:05 pm

Jim Harbaugh Suspension Expected Per Report...

https://247sports.com/article/jim-harba ... 219471255/

Jim Harbaugh Expected To Be Suspended...

https://www.si.com/college/stanford/foo ... ng-scandal

As always, I'll believe it when it happens but it's now being reported by multiple sources.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:58 am

Pete Thamel @PeteThamel
Don’t expect any action by the Big Ten in the Michigan sign stealing case for at least the next 48 hours, as the league’s sportsmanship rules allow for a “reasonable” chance to respond to an institution or individual. Sources have told ESPN that they’ll be a legal battle if there’s a punitive suspension by the Big Ten to Jim Harbaugh.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:34 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:58 am
Pete Thamel @PeteThamel
Don’t expect any action by the Big Ten in the Michigan sign stealing case for at least the next 48 hours, as the league’s sportsmanship rules allow for a “reasonable” chance to respond to an institution or individual. Sources have told ESPN that they’ll be a legal battle if there’s a punitive suspension by the Big Ten to Jim Harbaugh.
The Harbaughs! Brother ain't much freaken better.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:26 pm

Adam Rittenberg @ESPNRittenberg
A Michigan official has confirmed to ESPN that the school received formal notification from the Big Ten of potential disciplinary action. This is a step stated in the league’s sportsmanship policy.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:49 am

David Hookstead @dhookstead
Michigan's defense to the Big Ten doesn't include any denial the program cheated.

In fact, the defense alleges cheating didn't make a difference, so why should the team be punished?

Michigan needs to fire its attorneys and crisis PR team. Comically bad.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:13 pm

This is pathetic "punishment".

ROSEMONT, Ill. – The Big Ten Conference announced today that the University of Michigan has been found in violation of the Big Ten Sportsmanship Policy for conducting an impermissible, in-person scouting operation over multiple years, resulting in an unfair competitive advantage that compromised the integrity of competition.

Big Ten Conference Agreement 10.01 states in part that “The Big Ten Conference expects all contests involving a member institution to be conducted without compromise to any fundamental element of sportsmanship. Such fundamental elements include integrity of the competition, civility toward all, and respect, particularly toward opponents and officials.”

As a penalty imposed on the institution, the University football team must compete without its Head Football Coach for the games remaining in the 2023 regular-season, effective immediately. This disciplinary action shall not preclude the University or its football team from having its Head Football Coach attend practices or other football team activities other than the game activities to which it applies. For clarity, the Head Football Coach shall not be present at the game venue on the dates of the games to which this disciplinary action applies.

The Big Ten Conference will have no additional comment at this time.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:45 pm

Three games and it doesn't even necessarily stretch to the BIG10 Championship game if they get in. Lame!

Of course, the NCAA can come down much harder on the program when their investigation is finished around May or June of next year. And Hairball will be long gone to the NFL by then.

Pathetic. :roll: