UM under investigation for sign stealing.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

UM under investigation for sign stealing.

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:27 pm

Jim Harbaugh, Michigan Football Being Investigated by NCAA over Alleged Sign Stealing... :D

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... n-stealing

MeatHeadbengal

Re: UM under investigation for sign stealing.

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:55 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:27 pm
Jim Harbaugh, Michigan Football Being Investigated by NCAA over Alleged Sign Stealing... :D

Why does this not surprise me one bit. His job was on the line so he had to stop at nothing for self preservation.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:03 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:55 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:27 pm

Why does this not surprise me one bit. His job was on the line so he had to stop at nothing for self preservation.
In fact, the timing of his behavior lines up perfectly.

His job was on the line in 2020 so he decided to cheat his ass off with nothing to lose starting in 2021 and then desperately tries to get to the NFL before the blatant and widespread cheating catches up with him.

He didn’t count on no one in the NFL being remotely interested in hiring him, and here we are.

Update: reports are Vegas is considering pulling future UM games off their betting boards. If these reports are correct that's unprecedented. They must know something....something bad. :?

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:32 pm

If confirmed should lead to games being forfeited.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:01 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:32 pm
If confirmed should lead to games being forfeited.
It should lead to the death penalty but we all know it won't. :x

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:24 pm

Statement from Harblow...

I want to make it clear that I, and my staff, will fully cooperate with the investigation into this matter.

I do not have any knowledge or information regarding the University of Michigan football program illegally stealing signals, nor have I directed any staff member or others to participate in an off-campus scouting assignment. I have no awareness of anyone on our staff having done that or having directed that action.

I do not condone or tolerate anyone doing anything illegal or against NCAA rules.

No matter what program or organization that I have led throughout my career, my instructions and awareness of how we scout opponents have always been firmly within the rules.

Pursuant to NCAA rules, I will not be able to comment further while this investigation takes place."

Harbaugh didn’t deny it, he just denied knowing about it. He’s getting ready to throw people under the bus and hoping they remain loyal (and that he didn’t leave a trail leading back to him).

His statement of “I didn’t know about this or tell anyone to do this” is significantly different than saying something like “there is no truth to these allegations because we don’t cheat at Michigan.”

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:47 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:24 pm
Statement from Harblow...

I want to make it clear that I, and my staff, will fully cooperate with the investigation into this matter.

I do not have any knowledge or information regarding the University of Michigan football program illegally stealing signals, nor have I directed any staff member or others to participate in an off-campus scouting assignment. I have no awareness of anyone on our staff having done that or having directed that action.

I do not condone or tolerate anyone doing anything illegal or against NCAA rules.

No matter what program or organization that I have led throughout my career, my instructions and awareness of how we scout opponents have always been firmly within the rules.

Pursuant to NCAA rules, I will not be able to comment further while this investigation takes place."

Harbaugh didn’t deny it, he just denied knowing about it. He’s getting ready to throw people under the bus and hoping they remain loyal (and that he didn’t leave a trail leading back to him).

His statement of “I didn’t know about this or tell anyone to do this” is significantly different than saying something like “there is no truth to these allegations because we don’t cheat at Michigan.”
He already lied to the NCAA once this year I don't think they will take kindly to being lied too again.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:56 pm

Yeah, claiming ignorance here just doesn’t work.

1) Staffers were sent spying
2) The information gathered was put into the gameplan
3) The information gathered was used on the field to give them a competitive advantage

It’s literally impossible that Harbaugh didn’t know. Claiming otherwise doesn’t help his cause; it just proves he’s either a liar or has a “lack of control” (or both).

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:28 pm

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:18 am

Michigan staffer eyed as center of 'elaborate' scouting scheme, sources say...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ources-say