2016 NBA Finals

Talk Basketball, Hockey, Auto Racing, or that thing where you ski and then shoot.

Re: 2016 NBA Finals

Postby Jmble » June 19th, 2016, 7:14 pm

Go Cavs!

Haven't been coming here lately since we are in the dead zone time of year for football but so I haven't joined in on the talk here.

I started rooting hard for the Cavs about four years ago because my now wife is from Cleveland and has been a die hard Cavs fan her whole life. I've been to a few games now and they are always a blast.

As much as I hate to see Cleveland as a city one up on Cincinnati as far as recent Championships, I'm still really rooting for the Cavs.
Jmble

Postby Bengals1 » June 19th, 2016, 11:29 pm

Congrats to the mistake by the lake. I know it's an old sports cliche' but the Cavs played like they simply wanted it more. They showed more heart than Golden State who seemed to just want it to be over.

There's no excuse for losing three games in a row to anybody, especially with two of them at home. The Cavs just played with more heart.
Bengals1

Postby Jmble » June 20th, 2016, 7:44 am

Really makes you wonder what would have happened last year had the Cavs been healthy. Let's compare last year's Game 6.

T. Mozgov - 33 minutes played
M Dellavedova - 25 minutes played
I Shumpert starting - 36 minutes played
J Jones - 27 minutes played

Last night - Mozgov - DNP - Coach's decision
Dellavedova - DNP - Coach's decision
J Jones - DNP - Coach's decision
Shumpert - 19 minutes off the bench

I'm not saying the Warriors wouldn't have won, but it was certainly a more even roster this year without all of the injuries.

Now, we need to win the damn Super Bowl so we have something to hold over Cleveland again!
Jmble

Postby Bengals1 » June 20th, 2016, 10:57 am

Jmble wrote: Now, we need to win the damn Super Bowl so we have something to hold over Cleveland again!

Amen brother J!
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » June 20th, 2016, 2:34 pm

What a great series and what a great game 7! The Cavs made the Warriors play their game. It became a defensive, not a scoring, battle which is what every Lebron led team prefers. The final several minutes when it stay 89 to 89 without anyone being able to score was some great defense. Lebron was blocked, fowled and blocked a lay up that was....WOW!
Deadcat

Postby orange_black » June 23rd, 2016, 1:13 pm

I gottta say, i've got less respect for the NBA now that all the dust has settled.

This whole playoff year feels dirty to me. Like the NBA did all they could to get the Cavs and Warriors into the finals... and then all they could to get Lebron and his coming home story to win.

ugh.
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby Bengals1 » June 23rd, 2016, 6:14 pm

orange_black wrote:I gottta say, i've got less respect for the NBA now that all the dust has settled.

This whole playoff year feels dirty to me. Like the NBA did all they could to get the Cavs and Warriors into the finals... and then all they could to get Lebron and his coming home story to win.

ugh.

Well that 1-game suspension made a huge difference I'll grant you that. Now, as to whether it was deliberate or not.... :?
Bengals1

Previous

Return to Other Sports