2020 Free Agents

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Jmble

2020 Free Agents

Post by Jmble » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:36 am

We don't have much else to talk about right now. We already know who is being drafted so let's just talk as if it's going to make any difference.

Sporting News Top Free Agents (Some of these will obviously not see the light of Free Agency)

1. Dak Prescott, QB, Cowboys
2. Chris Jones, DT, Chiefs
3. Amari Cooper, WR, Cowboys
4. Drew Brees, QB, Saints
5. Tom Brady, QB, Patriots
6. Jadevon Clowney, Edge, Seahawks
7. Byron Jones, CB, Cowboys
8. Justin Simmons, S, Broncos
9. Hunter Henry, TE, Chargers
10. Derrick Henry, RB, Titans
11. Joe Thuney, G, Patriots
12. Philip Rivers, QB, Chargers
13. Cory Littleton, LB, Rams
14. Shquil Barrett, Edge, Buccaneers
15. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Titans
16. AJ Green, WR, Bengals
17. Anthony Harris, S, Vikings
18. Jameis Winston, QB, Buccaneers
19. Anthony Castonzo, OT, Colts
20. Yannick Ngakuoe, Edge, Jaguars
21. Arik Armstead, DE, 49ers
22. Brandon Scherff, G, Redskins
23. Chris Harris Jr., CB Broncos
24. Jack Conklin, OT, Titans
25. Leonard Williams, DT, Giants
26. Melvin Gordon, RB, Chargers
27. Devin McCourtney, S, Panthers
28. Breshad Perriman, WR, Buccaneers
29. Matthew Judon, Edge, Ravens
30. Robby Anderson, WR, Jets
31. Bud Dupree, Edge, Steelers
32. Dante Fowler, Jr, Edge, Rams
33. Austin Hooper, TE, Falcons
34. Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Patriots
35. Emmanuel Sanders, WR, 49ers
36. DJ Reader, DT, Texans
37. Javon Hargrave, DT, Steelers
38. Shelby Harris, DE, Broncos
39. Jarran Reed, DT, Seahawks
40. Bryan Bulaga, OT, Packers
41. Kenyan Drake, RB, Cardinals
42. Michael Pierce, DT, Ravens
43. Vonn Bell, S, Saints
44. Joe Schobert, ILB, Browns
45. Andrew Whitworth, OT, Rams
46. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Buccaneers
47. Blake Martinez, ILB, Packers
48. Greg Zuerlein, K, Rams
49. Eric Ebron, TE, Colts
50. Jimmie Ward, S, 49ers

Jmble

Re: 2020 Free Agents

Post by Jmble » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:43 am

First thing I notice is there is a lot of high price skill players on this list that could have a lot of teams spending a lot of money and possibly making it easier for the Bengals to compete for players at OL and Linebacker. I think we all agree these are the positions we would prefer they look at.

Another thing I notice for those of us who are hoping The Bengals are able to get something for Dalton rather than just letting him go...

A lot of free agent Quarterbacks on the market, and that's not addressing QBs that will be cut or traded either to make room for new QBs or to save money. Derek Carr comes to mind. So does Matt Stafford.

Forget Prescott. He isn't going anywhere.

That leaves Brees, Brady, Rivers, Tannehill, and Winston on this list. Also potential pickups like Teddy Bridgewater and Marcus Mariota, are looming out there to be potential starters or change of scenery guys. It's going to be a tough market to get much out of someone like Dalton.

I think Brees probably has another year in New Orleans and Brady is about 50/50 on whether he stays in New England or not.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:01 pm

I don't see Brees, or Brady going anywhere. Honestly I don't think we'll get anything for Dalton except maybe a compensation pick but basically nothing. I do hope we keep Green. I know he's getting older but if we are planning on taking Burrows, which we all think we are, then it would be nice to have a guy like Green as a weapon for him. First reaction haven't really dug into the list yet.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:51 pm

Maybe its just me being crazy, but if SoP can't get what he wants for Dalton, he'll keep him as insurance and tag him, draft Burrow and trade AJ Green cuz now you don't have the tag to use on him. And IF, IF, IF this played out this way, I would actually be kinda ok with it. AJ has done NOTHING for this team the last 2 seasons and yet our WR corp is still just a solid starter away from looking awesome. Get Burrow a nice running mate in the later rounds, or pick up someone like Robbie Anderson in FA and just roll with it. Our skill positions aren't the issue, the line is.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:53 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:51 pm
Maybe its just me being crazy, but if SoP can't get what he wants for Dalton, he'll keep him as insurance and tag him, draft Burrow and trade AJ Green cuz now you don't have the tag to use on him. And IF, IF, IF this played out this way, I would actually be kinda ok with it. AJ has done NOTHING for this team the last 2 seasons and yet our WR corp is still just a solid starter away from looking awesome. Get Burrow a nice running mate in the later rounds, or pick up someone like Robbie Anderson in FA and just roll with it. Our skill positions aren't the issue, the line is.
We have Dalton under a contract for one more year that with no dead money at all if we get rid of him. There is definitely no reason to tag him.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:01 pm

Even better! For some reason I thought he was done. I still think if Mikey can't find the market he wants he keeps him for insurance.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:17 pm

My prediction: we get a 3rd rounder for Dalton from either the Colts, Bears, Bucs or Chargers.

The Chargers draft high enough to get Herbert out of Oregon if that's the direction they want to go. And if they trade Rivers to one of those other teams it will narrow the possible draft partners to two.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:25 pm

Rivers is a free agent and they've already said that they will be parting ways. I can't imagine San Diego tagging him to trade him because nobody is going to pay the level of money it will take to tag him.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:00 pm

Jmble wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:25 pm
Rivers is a free agent and they've already said that they will be parting ways. I can't imagine San Diego tagging him to trade him because nobody is going to pay the level of money it will take to tag him.
Okay....if the Chargers take Herbert with their first pick and Rivers signs with one of the other clubs it will narrow our potential trade partners to two. :roll:

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:26 pm

Jmble wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:25 pm
From what I'm hearing is Rivers might be physically done done. His arm isn't what it used to be and he may not pass a physical.