Re: Cats vs Rats Game Thread.

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:57 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:49 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:37 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:23 pm

The Rats and Pat's always sign these 1 yr players when no one else seems to want them. And they get them cheap in my opinion. Not sure why we don't do that at times. Veterans that have atleast 1 or 2 years left stay on the market until all the other players are signed and gone. And these players always have a good season with the teams above.
To be fair, we tried that once with that Linebacker the Steelers let go. He signed a one-year deal for a couple mil then proceeded to do virtually nothing for us all year.

Mike Brown is like an elephant, he has a very loooong memory.
That was James Harrison. Remember Marvin wanted him up to 280, 290 to play defense end and he got so fat (speaking of elephants) he couldn't move. He went back to the steelers and lost weight and had a hall.of fame career.
Yep.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:21 pm

Oh for sh*ts sakes... :shock:

Jay Morrison @ByJayMorrison
#Bengals open as 6-point favorites against the Rams.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:05 am

So what's the story with our first round pick this year, Myles Murphy?

I don't recall hearing his name mentioned much, if at all, during the preseason. Presumably, he's had two regular season games now to show his stuff and I don't recall hearing his name so far during either game.

I don't recall hearing he was injured so is he just not making an impact? Is it too early to start using the "B" word on him yet...?

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:09 am

While we have a favorable 4 game stretch coming up, we could be on a backup QB at a moments notice. Burrow has a problem and it isnt going to go away this season. And that strain could turn into a tear or worse under the right condition....see Aaron Rodgers.

Burrow was at least throwing to the right WRs yesterday but his timing was still way off. Higgins was waiting on everything and Chase's catches were all contested because the ball was late. Better than week 1, but not good enough going forward.

If Burrow stays healthy I can see us sitting at 3-3 in a few weeks. Thats manageable for a playoff run assuming we can reboot those 2022 vibes.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:27 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:05 am
So what's the story with our first round pick this year, Myles Murphy?

I don't recall hearing his name mentioned much, if at all, during the preseason. Presumably, he's had two regular season games now to show his stuff and I don't recall hearing his name so far during either game.

I don't recall hearing he was injured so is he just not making an impact? Is it too early to start using the "B" word on him yet...?
I honestly had to look him up to remind myself what position he played.

Found this. First-rounder Myles Murphy played just 13 snaps in week 1 and 19 week 2. So he has played some but has yet to record a tackle.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:45 pm

our pass rush sucks
our run defense sucks
we still can't cover a TE in crucial situations
our quarter billion dollar QB is hurt and plays like andy dalton

but other than that everything is fine!

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:07 pm

Goodberry
@JoeGoodberry
I think Dax Hill has been one of the Bengals best defensive players through two weeks and that's one of the positive developments in an 0-2 start.

Reader, Pratt and Hendrickson have been mostly good and that's expected, but I know some had concerns with Hill's rookie year.

He looks dynamic, aggressive, fast and willing to tackle. If you get a versatile athlete with the right intensity, I feel like Lou is going to put him into position to make plays.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.