Chiefs vs Niners Super Bowl thoughts...

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: Chiefs vs Niners Super Bowl thoughts...

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:36 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:33 pm
Chiefs 31-30
I was respectably close. Great game, gritty comeback!
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:52 am

So glad we drafted John Ross one pick ahead of mahomes in 2017

Exile

Post by Exile » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:30 am

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:52 am
Yeah, well, I think the Bears will also tell you that Pat Mahomes is no Mitch Trubisky.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:17 am

skycruiser wrote:
Everyone makes misses like this, it's not quite fair because we all know it's impossible to know who's going to be a superstar.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:35 pm

Except for the following year when we took billy price over Lamar Jackson. Boooyah we were only a back up center away from the SB!!! Winning!!!!

Exile

Post by Exile » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:16 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:35 pm
Except for the following year when we took billy price over Lamar Jackson. Boooyah we were only a back up center away from the SB!!! Winning!!!!
:lol:

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:48 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:17 am
skycruiser wrote:
Everyone makes misses like this, it's not quite fair because we all know it's impossible to know who's going to be a superstar.
Bungles1 might disagree with you. :lol:

And it isnt really about picking the shiniest star as much as it is assembling the best supporting cast. Mahomie wouldnt look quite as good behind our Oline now would he? We have plenty of shiny stars. Its like we have the Big Dipper, just without the handle.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:54 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:48 pm
Meats point is valid, it IS hard know who's going to turn out to be a super star.

The mistake the Bungles made was that John Ross was an unecessay pick. We didn't need a WR at that point and we sure as God didn't need to take one with the 10th pick in the draft or one that had a history of injury.

It was a luxury pick on a team that needs to bat closer to .500 or better on every draft. :roll:

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:03 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:54 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Meats point is valid, it IS hard know who's going to turn out to be a super star.

The mistake the Bungles made was that John Ross was an unecessay pick. We didn't need a WR at that point and we sure as God didn't need to take one with the 10th pick in the draft or one that had a history of injury.

It was a luxury pick on a team that needs to bat closer to .500 or better on every draft. :roll:
I agree with this and honestly that years draft was one of those years for me where ran out of F's to give. I'm sure there were needs and a draft back would have been better but maybe there were no takers who really knows.

It's not rocket science the better a team drafts the better they are over time, we've just had some HORRIBLE drafts of late!

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:28 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:17 am
skycruiser wrote:

And it isnt really about picking the shiniest star as much as it is assembling the best supporting cast. Mahomie wouldnt look quite as good behind our Oline now would he? We have plenty of shiny stars. Its like we have the Big Dipper, just without the handle.
Not disagreeing with you, but your mention of our o-line reminded me of something I read earlier this morning. Apparently, Austin Reiter, the starting center for the Chiefs this year, spent two years as a backup trying (and failing) to crack the lineup of the Browns while they were going 0-16. I mean, you would think a guy who couldn't start for the worst team in the league must be pretty bad, but there he is with a Super Bowl ring that he earned as a starter. Maybe he needed to improve and did, maybe his coaches were shitty in Cleveland and/or amazing in KC, I don't know what the story is, really. Just interesting. In fact, while I was looking for Reiter's name, I saw a story from the preseason, when three of the five starting linemen for KC were previously with the Browns.

I guess if there's a point here, it's just that it's never as simple as playing Madden, where you can see that a player is a 99 overall or a 60, and one is amazing and the other's a scrub.

Maybe in a few years all of our crappy linemen will have Super Bowl rings. Probably with another team. :roll: