2023 Off-season thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: 2023 Off-season thread

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:14 am

Jmble wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:47 am
Rumors are that he shot a 13 year old kid who was in his yard playing with a Nerf gun. Nothing official has said this, so it really is just a rumor.

True or not, I've been ready to move on for him, so hopefully this just helps spur that move on sooner rather than later.
This was all over twitter last night and it's not true. Multiple accounts reporting off 1 account saying he shot a kid. There's no truth to just twatter being toxic.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:23 am

The local news has confirmed that there was a teenager who was shot playing with a Nerf gun outside Joe Mixon's home and there is video of gun being shot. There is no confirmation of who shot the gun.

From Sheree Paolello of local News 5
1/2 I know people like to lump "the media" in together,but
last night is the latest example of us not following reports on social media or speculation. I wish you could see our team in action working sources, staking out multiple "scenes" to make SURE we get a story RIGHT

2/2 Yes we knew that a teenager was shot playing Nerf Ward in Anderson Township.Yes we knew it was outside of Joe Mixon's home.Yes we knew there was video of gunshots that teens posted to Social media but until someone is CHARGED and we know WHO shot the kid-we don't speculate

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:28 am

Yup. Unidentified kid hurt, Mixon’s sister claims he was not involved, no arrests made. Hopefully whoever got hurt is ok. Between this and the incident a few weeks back, Joe isn’t exactly making it hard for the team to move on if they want to.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:58 am

Looks like Mikey saw the NFLPA reviews

https://www.bengals.com/news/training-r ... ff-formula

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:04 am

Jmble wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:23 am
The local news has confirmed that there was a teenager who was shot playing with a Nerf gun outside Joe Mixon's home and there is video of gun being shot. There is no confirmation of who shot the gun.

From Sheree Paolello of local News 5
1/2 I know people like to lump "the media" in together,but
last night is the latest example of us not following reports on social media or speculation. I wish you could see our team in action working sources, staking out multiple "scenes" to make SURE we get a story RIGHT

2/2 Yes we knew that a teenager was shot playing Nerf Ward in Anderson Township.Yes we knew it was outside of Joe Mixon's home.Yes we knew there was video of gunshots that teens posted to Social media but until someone is CHARGED and we know WHO shot the kid-we don't speculate
The video was nothing more then hearing shots being fired in the background while the phone is being pointed at the center console of a car. The video does nothing but prove there where gun shots somewhere at some point and time. It could have very well been Detroit or Zimbabwe for all we know.

Here's a link to the video that's been floating around.

https://twitter.com/TorchedByTony/statu ... 7009050625

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:37 am

Last edited by Joe Bananas on Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:38 am

Hey Joe, can't see your image.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:28 pm

The Ravens have officially placed the Non-Exclusive Tag on Lamar Jackson meaning he is free to sign a contract with a new team and the Ravens are free to match that contract or received two first round picks in return.

Watch for the Atlanta Falcons to come calling. From what I've read, the Ravens believe they can match most teams, but the Falcons are believed to be one of the teams that could give him a contract they couldn't match.

I'd be just fine getting him out of the AFC.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:35 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:28 pm
The Ravens have officially placed the Non-Exclusive Tag on Lamar Jackson meaning he is free to sign a contract with a new team and the Ravens are free to match that contract or received two first round picks in return.

Watch for the Atlanta Falcons to come calling. From what I've read, the Ravens believe they can match most teams, but the Falcons are believed to be one of the teams that could give him a contract they couldn't match.

Right after I typed that, word started going around that the Falcons will not be pursuing Lamar Jackson, so forget that one.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:45 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:28 pm

Not I. I want to see him sign a cap crippling deal with the Ravens just like they gave to Flaco. He has taken and will take so many hits unlikely to stay healthy.