2023 Off-season thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: 2023 Off-season thread

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:29 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:57 pm
Before I ask this, I am 100 percent sure that the Bengals wouldn't do this, but since he made the tweet.

Blake Jewell
@BlakeJewellNFL
It might be totally unrealistic, but if I’m the Bengals I’m calling the Bucs and seeing if they have a price tag on Tristan Wirfs
4:11 PM · Feb 14, 2023
·
Knowing how close we are right now, would you give up two first round picks (and maybe more) to get Tristan Wirfs?
No.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:37 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:29 pm
Jmble wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:57 pm
Before I ask this, I am 100 percent sure that the Bengals wouldn't do this, but since he made the tweet.

Blake Jewell
@BlakeJewellNFL
It might be totally unrealistic, but if I’m the Bengals I’m calling the Bucs and seeing if they have a price tag on Tristan Wirfs
4:11 PM · Feb 14, 2023
·
Knowing how close we are right now, would you give up two first round picks (and maybe more) to get Tristan Wirfs?
No.
Count Blake Jewell as one of the national media that pays 0 attention to the Bengals and how they operate

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:31 pm

We should be seeing some big Burrow news by next week dont you think? They cant do anything else with the roster until that is done. Clock is ticking.
Seeking Superbowls

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:48 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:31 pm
We should be seeing some big Burrow news by next week dont you think? They cant do anything else with the roster until that is done. Clock is ticking.
You would think, but I really can't see anything getting finished before Sumner, maybe late spring. I mean here's the thing. And I don't mean this bad, it's just business. Bengals will low ball him. He and his agent will say notta. Burrow and agent will counter, the Bengals will say notta. We'll see in the main stream news that talks have stalled and then the rumors will be swirling. Then we'll get good news that they have extended him. I say May maybe early June.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:39 pm

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Bengals OT Jonah Williams recently underwent knee surgery from Dr. Neal S. ElAttrache in LA, sources say. Williams dislocated his kneecap this season and the procedure should keep it from happening again. Williams is expected to be fully cleared before June.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Bengals DE Joseph Ossai also underwent post-season surgery, having his shoulder fixed after he suffered a torn labrum that he played through this season, sources say.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:55 am

Bates seen having dinner with his agent and three Falcons players including Kyle Pitts. The drama builds.

I know Bates has a solid reputation for being the field leader on defense and a great locker room guy. But the more you look at his stats, there is just no way we can pay him. Which begs the question, why would anyone else pay him? His film and stats are there for everyone to see. Why would anyone break the bank on this guy? I'd love to have him back because he is part of a system that makes him better. You put Jesse into a defense that he is the best player there, I dont think thats going to end well.

We'll see....
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:23 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:55 am
Bates seen having dinner with his agent and three Falcons players including Kyle Pitts. The drama builds.

I know Bates has a solid reputation for being the field leader on defense and a great locker room guy. But the more you look at his stats, there is just no way we can pay him. Which begs the question, why would anyone else pay him? His film and stats are there for everyone to see. Why would anyone break the bank on this guy? I'd love to have him back because he is part of a system that makes him better. You put Jesse into a defense that he is the best player there, I dont think thats going to end well.

We'll see....
Jesse is a high IQ player, and from what we've seen out of Dax Hill he's not a high IQ player. I have a bad feeling this isn't going to end well for us.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:42 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:23 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:55 am

We'll see....
Jesse is a high IQ player, and from what we've seen out of Dax Hill he's not a high IQ player. I have a bad feeling this isn't going to end well for us.
Hill never had a true position the entire season. He was safety for a minute them slot, then corner. I feel like he never got comfortable on the field. He looked good when he played the entire preseason. I still have hopes for him. He needs to play and the Bengals need to assign him a position instead of playing him somewhere different every game. Sure Bates is smart. But honestly I think Bates could have played better over the past 2 seasons.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:32 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:42 pm
Hill never had a true position the entire season. He was safety for a minute them slot, then corner. I feel like he never got comfortable on the field. He looked good when he played the entire preseason. I still have hopes for him. He needs to play and the Bengals need to assign him a position instead of playing him somewhere different every game. Sure Bates is smart. But honestly I think Bates could have played better over the past 2 seasons.
Yep. This pretty much sums up my feeling on Hill too. He was highly regarded coming out of college and was considered something of a steal where we got him.

Find a position for him and let him learn it. Teams can take the "versatile" label a tad too serious sometimes.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:58 am

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr
#Bengals bring back long snapper Cal Adomitis. Did a solid job after Clark Harris went down.