Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: WEEK 17 Game Thread - Game of the Year Bengals - Bills

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:33 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:15 am
Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:38 am
Can I be the one who asks what happens to this game? I mean I hate what happened and tragic what we all seen. My thoughts are with him and his family.
There has to be some kind of bylaw on the books for a situation like this. More then likely the Bills will have to forfeit or something like that. I hate it but more then likely that will be the outcome. I have no idea how they would try to replay this game, there's just no time without wrecking the schedule and creating an unfair advantage to other teams.
Sorta what i thought too. I also read where someone suggested that they give both teams a tie. Which honestly I don't like. I'm not downplaying what happened. I'm really not. I honestly wish Hamlin the best, but I'm a football fan first and foremost. And if it's truly a "business", like everyone is saying it is then I'm just curious as to how the league is thinking about handling this issue.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:36 am

orange_black wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:03 am
Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:38 am
Can I be the one who asks what happens to this game? I mean I hate what happened and tragic what we all seen. My thoughts are with him and his family.
I was acutally thinking about this last night.... and I am wondering if this turns into a 9-11 type scenario, where everything is put on hold for a while.
I don't really think that'll be the case. I mean like Hank Gathers, or Dale Earnhardt- there's going to be a mourning period, people will think about what's next and all but eventually they'll move the games along. It's a billion dollar industry. The more time they take the more they lose and ultimately this is the way the league will look at things, if they haven't already.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:39 am

Just seen this on Twitter

Melissa Holmes
@2MelissaHolmes
·
4h
Breaking News: Of course the game is secondary to #DamarHamlin’s health, but #Bills insider
@viccarucci
just reported on
@wgrz
Daybreak that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will make the call on rescheduling the Bills/Bengals game and it would have to be played within 2 days

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:48 am

@wgrz
Daybreak that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will make the call on rescheduling the Bills/Bengals game and it would have to be played within 2 days
I wondered about this scenario last night but of course, nobody wanted to broach the subject while a young mans life hung in the balance.

The problem with this scenario is if you have these two teams play again say.....tomorrow night (Wednesday) now both the Ravens and Patriots have an advantage of extra rest and preparation time. To remedy this do you push both games to Monday night...?

Its a clusterfuck no matter what they choose.... :x

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:50 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:48 am
@wgrz
I wondered about this scenario last night but of course, nobody wanted to broach the subject while a young mans life hung in the balance.

The problem with this scenario is if you have these two teams play again say.....tomorrow night (Wednesday) now both the Ravens and Patriots have an advantage of extra rest and preparation time. To remedy this do you push both games to Monday night...?

Its a clusterfuck no matter what they choose.... :x
Yes. Agree. The time tables for nfl games are truly thin, if not almost impossible

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:51 am

Does asking this make me bad? Honestly? Like i said I mean someone had to ask, right? I do care about the guy. I really do. But I would just like to know their plan. That's all.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:00 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:51 am
Does asking this make me bad? Honestly? Like i said I mean someone had to ask, right? I do care about the guy. I really do. But I would just like to know their plan. That's all.
you're not a bad guy. hell some of the thoughts that keep going thorugh my mind is how great we looked up until the game suspension.

I think it's normal. as fans, we put alot of time and effort to follow/get-to-know our team. Not to mention what a huge game this is.... so i think its natural for us to be curious about how this will be resolved.

and naturally, I think all of us here are good people... and we all only wish the best for Hamlin and anyone that would get injured in the game.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:09 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:39 am

Melissa Holmes
@2MelissaHolmes
·
4h
Breaking News: Of course the game is secondary to #DamarHamlin’s health, but #Bills insider
@viccarucci
just reported on
@wgrz
So this gives an unfair advantage to Baltimore and NE for the following weekend. This is a fuster cluck!

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:14 am

orange_black wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:00 am
Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:51 am
you're not a bad guy. hell some of the thoughts that keep going thorugh my mind is how great we looked up until the game suspension.

I think it's normal. as fans, we put alot of time and effort to follow/get-to-know our team. Not to mention what a huge game this is.... so i think its natural for us to be curious about how this will be resolved.

and naturally, I think all of us here are good people... and we all only wish the best for Hamlin and anyone that would get injured in the game.
Agree with you.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:16 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:09 am
Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:39 am

Melissa Holmes
@2MelissaHolmes
·
4h
@viccarucci
just reported on
@wgrz
So this gives an unfair advantage to Baltimore and NE for the following weekend. This is a fuster cluck!
Yeah. Basically if the game wasn't finished last night them there's going to be conflict in whatever they decide to do. If it's a tie then that hurts us, if they schedule 3 days from the Baltimore game then that hurts us. If they schedule after then that hurts us due to when the playoffs are starting. I mean I don't know.