Cats v Clowns Pt Deux Pre Game Notes & Chatter

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Cats v Clowns Pt Deux Pre Game Notes & Chatter

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:41 am

Jay Morrison @JayMorrisonATH
Zac said he told Mixon he was keeping him out Saturday and didn’t even send him back to doctor. Expects full clearance by Wed.

Bengals open as 4.5 point favorites.

Bengals1

Re: Cats v Clowns Pt Deux Pre Game Notes & Chatter

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:34 pm

God that's humiliating....😤

Cincinnati 💔 @CincyProblems
Joe Burrow has never beaten the Cleveland Browns.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:56 pm

Crap.... :x

Kelsey Conway @KelseyLConway
Just saw Hayden Hurst in a walking boot. Not sure how long he will be out for, but he’s at least going to be out this week against the Browns with a calf injury.

So Mitchell Wilcox will be TE1 on Sunday.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:33 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:56 pm
Crap.... :x

Kelsey Conway @KelseyLConway
Just saw Hayden Hurst in a walking boot. Not sure how long he will be out for, but he’s at least going to be out this week against the Browns with a calf injury.

So Mitchell Wilcox will be TE1 on Sunday.
Wilcox has been playing a lot and I think he's been doing pretty well. I'm excited to see more of him in the offense.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:42 am

If Mixon starts then we're back to being an under sub par .500 team. He doesn't fit with this offense. How many times will he run into the back of one of our Olinemen and fall down Sunday? I'll go >2

I'm sorry for the Mixon bash, but doesn't run with power or quickness any longer and makes this offense suck ass. Slows it down, gives it absolutely NO energy whatsoever!

Burrow was sacked once Sunday and believe he was scrambling on that sack. How many times will he be sacked Sunday? I'll go >3
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:28 pm

The Cincinnati Bengals have a good problem on their hands — star running back Joe Mixon is back, yet backup Samaje Perine has been on fire.

So how will the Bengals handle it?

Mixon is back from concussion protocol, as referenced by his full return to practice this week. And last time fans saw him in a full capacity, he was totaling a franchise-record five touchdowns in a win over the Panthers.

While he was out though, Perine came in and had some viral stiff-armed runs, totaling 150-plus rushing yards with a score over the last two starts, plus four or more catches through the air in three straight.

In fact, Perine has looked so good that fans have wondered if the team might change up the workload at the position.

Coaches say otherwise.

“Joe Mixon is our starting running back. In the last (full) game he played in, he had five touchdowns, tremendous effort,” head coach Zac Taylor said, according to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com. “And Samaje has done a really good job filling in. And so, to have those two guys that you’ve got a lot of confidence in, whatever the moment calls for, we think that’s very valuable to have, especially going into this late season stretch, and hopefully beyond that.”

Offensie coordinator Brian Callahan was very complimentary of Perine, pointing out his ability as a blocker and on passing downs, so he’s not exactly shocked he looks so good in a full role: “But now that you see him getting more touches and more carries, he’s shown how capable of a player that he is. But we’re going to use all the guys we’ve got. We’re going to need all of them. There’s still a lot of football to be played. We’ve got five weeks left, plus hopefully a handful of games in January, February. It’s physical and we’re going to need both those guys to play well.”

All this translated? The Bengals love having a good problem like this. Both guys are really fresh now heading into December and if they split the workload properly, they can keep that freshness into a possible playoff run.

While it wouldn’t be a shock to see more of an even snap count committee approach, Mixon remains top dog.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:20 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:42 am
If Mixon starts then we're back to being an under sub par .500 team. He doesn't fit with this offense. How many times will he run into the back of one of our Olinemen and fall down Sunday? I'll go >2

I'm sorry for the Mixon bash, but doesn't run with power or quickness any longer and makes this offense suck ass. Slows it down, gives it absolutely NO energy whatsoever!

Burrow was sacked once Sunday and believe he was scrambling on that sack. How many times will he be sacked Sunday? I'll go >3
I don't agree, we will need both of them and the ability to keep both their legs fresh by sharing the load only makes this offense more dangerous the later the season goes.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:40 pm

My guess is that they will use both backs as a one/two punch going forward. I also saw what JoeB saw. I suspect the improvement in O-line play has something to do with Mixon's numbers improving lately.

It's a bit early to start talking about the off-season but I suspect Mixon will be traded or let go. I also suspect we'll draft another RB somewhere around rounds 3-4.

We'll see...

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:44 am

I think Mixon heard the rumblings of Samaje "running harder" than he was... and thats when he had his game against the Panther's. he came out on fire.

i suspect he's heard all the rumblings the last two weeks about how great samaje looks..... i fully expect Mixon to come out on fire again, running hard.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:33 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:20 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:42 am

I don't agree, we will need both of them and the ability to keep both their legs fresh by sharing the load only makes this offense more dangerous the later the season goes.
I can live with that. But what I can't live with it if Mixon gets 27 carries and Perine gets 2. And like I've been stating I don't hate Mixon, I see Perine hitting the holes harder, not hesitating, just a wrecking ball runner. Mixon isn't. He's a finesse runner and waits for what's developing in front of him. Years ago that was great, but these dlinemen are stronger and collapsing the pocket quicker. Basically run or get out of the way and someone else will.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.