Official Week 8 Bengals vs Browns MNF Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: Official Week 8 Bengals vs Browns MNF Thread.

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:05 pm

The no TDs allowed in the second half streak just ended.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:14 pm

Good night gents

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:16 pm

wow... i never thought it'd be like this :shock:

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:11 pm

Zac is going to get himself fired with shit like this. This never should have happened. And Chase cannot be the excuse. I saw Jonah get blown up a dozen times tonight. I saw Brissett hitting wide open receivers all night long. I saw Evan leave 4 points on the field. This team was not ready to play.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:11 pm

As bad as this team plays at times.... I totally blame Taylor... Again.... Yea we beat the bad teams because we have talent. But Zac sucks at getting this team up for a game.i want a new coach now.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:12 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:11 pm
Zac is going to get himself fired with shit like this. This never should have happened. And Chase cannot be the excuse. I saw Jonah get blown up a dozen times tonight. I saw Brissett hitting wide open receivers all night long. I saw Evan leave 4 points on the field. This team was not ready to play.
Concurrence

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:17 pm

Thinking about the season so far..... Horrible losses against the Steelers cowboys and browns. 4 wins against what I consider to all be suspect teams. This team is not being coached well.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:42 am

orange_black wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:17 pm
Thinking about the season so far..... Horrible losses against the Steelers cowboys and browns. 4 wins against what I consider to all be suspect teams. This team is not being coached well.
Or maybe we're just not as talented as we think we are!

Everyone runs to Zach for blame but no one is blaming the O-line coach for his questionable practice techniques, or why Joe B comes out and looks like complete shit on a few occasions. Teams have off nights we had many last year, Browns being one of them then the Chargers not far after.

You can sit there and blame Zach all you want but bad coaches don't get teams to Super Bowls.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:46 am

I'll add I thought we were going to lose this game last night, just because the Browns have a very good roster have been playing pretty well honestly but find stupid ways to lose. They were at home against a rival they've beaten now 5 times in a row everything was in their favor. However with that being said I think we win the next two games and get ourselves to 6-4 going into Tenn week. I would not be surprised if we beat Tenn and go to 7-4, because history shows we've got their number. It's not the end of the season, however it's time to avoid the watercooler cause we're going to take some heat for last night.

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:11 am

Man, that was fucking brutal. At least the weather was good and my seat was fantastic. Everything else sucked hard.

On the defensive side, injuries really caught up with us. He’s been out a while, but Reader is a guy we really need against Chubb and Hunt. We had backups to backups at DT and it showed. Cam Taylor Britt could be great, but he sure wasn’t last night. Got burnt to a crisp several times. And then you take out Chido and Flowers got roasted too. Their guys were running free and our pass rush was minimal.

But I think the offense was way more disappointing. Yeah, Chase is one of the best in the league, of course that’s going to hurt us. But we’ve got too many weapons on offense to look that bad. No disrespect to Cleveland’s defense. Myles Garrett is incredible and there are plenty of other good pieces there. But the run game was anemic and the pass game was too erratic. Idk if Joe wasn’t seeing the field well or what, but it felt like there were too many check downs for 0-2 yards. Joe has forgotten more about passing than I’ve ever known, but there were definitely times where it looked to me like there were guys open for bigger gains than what he got. But also a lot of times there weren’t. Not enough time, not enough separation. That feels to me at least in some measure like a schematic deficiency, like Zac and Brian weren’t doing enough to scheme guys open, to get guys the ball in space.

Also: Mixon is so done. He doesn’t seem like he runs hard, never breaks a tackle. Perine is very average, but seems higher effort. And I can’t imagine that Chris Evans couldn’t get at least the same 2 yards that Mixon got on his touches. AT LEAST.

It’s too early to write the season off entirely, but I’ll be shocked if we’re even fighting for a playoff spot at the end of the season, much less get in.