Top Offensive Line Free Agents per PFF

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Top Offensive Line Free Agents per PFF

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:18 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:07 pm
We cannot settle for Burrow behind more draft picks or marginal improvements in FA. Go big or go home.
It's all rank speculation at this point Stripes. Even amongst the so called "draft experts."

But like Jmble has said between now and Meats next Hot Chicks thread we've got to fill the time somehow.

If I had to guess I'd say they'll sign two Free Agents and at least one 3-5 round draft pick at O-line. And yes, I agree, I'd like to see those two Free Agents be noticeable improvements over our current starters.

But again, the team doesn't care what you and I want... :evil:

Mag

Post by Mag » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:08 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:35 pm
Mag wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:32 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:24 pm
Bengals could target Ravens center Bradley Bozeman in free agency, per report...

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/0 ... ee-agency/
No
He was second in pass blocking efficiency according to ESPN, and he's getting better and better. Also we'd be taking away talent from a division rival.

He gave up 3 sacks total last year and this is going to be a pass heavy offense going forward.
I think those numbers are deceiving. First, Baltimore doesn't pass much. Most Ds are defending against the run and playing contain against Jackson. Bozeman is a solid player, but I don't see him as an upgrade over Hopkins. He is limited athletically, therefore a poor scheme fit. He is on the ground too much.

I would rather improve both guard spots and see how Hopkins does there. Hopkins played well down the stretch as he got healthy. So far, he has had little talent and stability at either guard spot. Carman and Adeneji both missed much of camp and were changing positions. Spain, while solid, was a limited athlete. Go out and get a top FA guard and then let the winner of a battle between Carman, Adeneji, Smith take the other spot. That should improve the talent, experience, and chemistry around Hopkins. The loser of the Carman, Adeneji, and Smith battle will be the first G off the bench. This person will also have experience in the system and some chemistry with the rest of the unit. This will make the OL better as a whole.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:45 pm

Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:08 am
I would rather improve both guard spots and see how Hopkins does there. Hopkins played well down the stretch as he got healthy. So far, he has had little talent and stability at either guard spot. Carman and Adeneji both missed much of camp and were changing positions. Spain, while solid, was a limited athlete. Go out and get a top FA guard and then let the winner of a battle between Carman, Adeneji, Smith take the other spot. That should improve the talent, experience, and chemistry around Hopkins. The loser of the Carman, Adeneji, and Smith battle will be the first G off the bench. This person will also have experience in the system and some chemistry with the rest of the unit. This will make the OL better as a whole.
I wouldn't argue against that take one bit, however I wouldn't be so confident in Carman and Adeniji at this point. I like what I've heard about Smith but honestly I'm looking for that proven commodity over these guys.

Mag

Post by Mag » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:15 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:45 pm
Mag wrote:
I wouldn't argue against that take one bit, however I wouldn't be so confident in Carman and Adeniji at this point. I like what I've heard about Smith but honestly I'm looking for that proven commodity over these guys.
I suspect one spot will come down to a battle between the 2. Actually, it is Carman's job to lose. The other spot should be a high end FA. I am fairly confident one one of the young guys will emerge. Carman flashed a potentially dominant physicality. His issues are primarily health and experience. Adeneji needs to gain weight and work on footwork. When i visited Duke, it was after the Titans game. He said he had a conversation with him about his footwork. His base was too wide and it put him off balance. Needs to show he can add and hold extra weight. He is still too light to hold up at G. I think Smith should stay at OT. His length and athleticism is better suited there.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:07 pm

Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:15 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mag wrote:
I suspect one spot will come down to a battle between the 2. Actually, it is Carman's job to lose. The other spot should be a high end FA. I am fairly confident one one of the young guys will emerge. Carman flashed a potentially dominant physicality. His issues are primarily health and experience. Adeneji needs to gain weight and work on footwork. When i visited Duke, it was after the Titans game. He said he had a conversation with him about his footwork. His base was too wide and it put him off balance. Needs to show he can add and hold extra weight. He is still too light to hold up at G. I think Smith should stay at OT. His length and athleticism is better suited there.
I agree 100% with Smith staying at Tackle but it's always good to make sure these guys get work at all positions.

Adeniji however has had time in our system and should have shown more progress. I was very interested in seeing what he could do this year after another offseason but then he got hit with injury.

Mag

Post by Mag » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:33 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:07 pm
Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:15 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

I agree 100% with Smith staying at Tackle but it's always good to make sure these guys get work at all positions.

Adeniji however has had time in our system and should have shown more progress. I was very interested in seeing what he could do this year after another offseason but then he got hit with injury.
To be fair, most of that time was spent with Turner. I am hopeful seeing the young guys in this system, especially with the addition of the extra assistant OL coach. We definitely can't rely on more than one of the young guys to start. We need at least 2 veteran upgrades. The young guys can fight over one spot and then provide quality depth.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:43 pm

Kyle Smith (@Kyle_Smith1087)
The offensive line #Bengals fans want:

LT - Armstead
LG - Tomlinson
C - Jensen
RG - Corbett
RT - J. Williams

The offensive line I think #Bengals fans will get:

LT - J. Williams
LG - Spain/Carman
C - Bozeman
RG - J. Daniels
RT - Reiff/Rookie

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:30 pm

And then he ends up like this.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:59 am

4256 Hits wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:30 pm
And then he ends up like this.
That's uncalled for!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:06 am

Take this with a Meat sized nugget of salt.... 8-)

Adam 'Pacman' Jones Says 'Little Birdie' Told Him Bengals Are Signing Ryan Jensen in Free Agency
The former Pro Bowler is confident that Cincinnati will add proven offensive linemen in free agency.
JAMES RAPIENMAR 1, 2022

CINCINNATI — Most people expect the Bengals to be aggressive in free agency this offseason.

They came within a few plays of winning Super Bowl LVI and have a clear weakness after Joe Burrow was sacked 70 times [including playoffs].

Former Bengals star Adam 'Pacman' Jones is claiming that the team is going to sign Buccaneers center Ryan Jensen to a three-year, $39 million contract.

"I got some great news for you," Jones told Solomon Wilcots on the Bleav in Bengals podcast. "A little birdie said that we [the Bengals] gonna sign Ryan Jensen to a three-year deal for $39 million, which would be a starting center. I hope it goes through. It sound like the little birdie is saying it's almost a done deal."

Jensen, 31, would give Cincinnati a proven veteran in the middle of their offensive line. Jones isn't the only one to mention this as a potential fit, but he is the first person to say the Bengals are interested and that it's nearly a done deal.

Time will tell if Jones' intel is correct, but Jensen is one of the many veterans the Bengals could have their eyes on in free agency.