Top Offensive Line Free Agents per PFF

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Top Offensive Line Free Agents per PFF

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:56 pm

Obviously just a prediction.... 8-)

BENGALS TALK 🗣 (@BengalsTalk)
PFF predicts #Bengals sign Ryan Jensen, Jerry Hughes in free agency [url]https://t.co/WdC8csIIZA via @thebengalswire https://twitter.com/BengalsTalk/status/ ... x-TIFt0Ew
Last edited by Bengals1 on Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:31 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:35 pm
Mag wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:32 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:24 pm
Bengals could target Ravens center Bradley Bozeman in free agency, per report...

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/0 ... ee-agency/
No
He was second in pass blocking efficiency according to ESPN, and he's getting better and better. Also we'd be taking away talent from a division rival.

He gave up 3 sacks total last year and this is going to be a pass heavy offense going forward.
If he can call out blocking assignments better than Hopkins, that's a plus. According to some research I did the offensive line was directly responsible for about half the sacks Burrow took. Meaning that blitz pick ups were missed. Lineman blocked the wrong defender. This usually goes on the center. It's one of the reasons he the last to set on the line. Based on what I researched, Williams and Reiff we're the worst in protection. Hopkins and Adenji were the best. But, based on how many times Burrow dropped back they were pretty good. That being said, move on from Reiff and Hopkins. Sign Jensen and a guard. And while Bozeman pass protection might be interesting. I don't recall the running game being a splash in Baltimore. I think Jensen has the overall better value.
I definitely wouldn't use the 31st pick on a offensive. lineman

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:34 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:56 pm

PFF predicts #Bengals sign Ryan Jensen, Jerry Hughes in free agency [url]https://t.co/WdC8csIIZA via[/url]@thebengalswire https://twitter.com/BengalsTalk/status/ ... x-TIFt0Ew
How does a 33 year old defensive end that is roughly 6 years older than our current starting defensive ends help?

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:43 pm

Zoo wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:31 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mag wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:32 pm

No
He was second in pass blocking efficiency according to ESPN, and he's getting better and better. Also we'd be taking away talent from a division rival.

He gave up 3 sacks total last year and this is going to be a pass heavy offense going forward.
If he can call out blocking assignments better than Hopkins, that's a plus. According to some research I did the offensive line was directly responsible for about half the sacks Burrow took. Meaning that blitz pick ups were missed. Lineman blocked the wrong defender. This usually goes on the center. It's one of the reasons he the last to set on the line. Based on what I researched, Williams and Reiff we're the worst in protection. Hopkins and Adenji were the best. But, based on how many times Burrow dropped back they were pretty good. That being said, move on from Reiff and Hopkins. Sign Jensen and a guard. And while Bozeman pass protection might be interesting. I don't recall the running game being a splash in Baltimore. I think Jensen has the overall better value.
You are partly correct here, the Center will call out the Mike Linebacker which depending on the play can set the pass pro, however so does Burrow from the pocket with the back's and there's a lot more to it then the Center just sets the protection. Adeniji was not very good in pass pro and I'll point out it was extremely clear in the Titan's game this post season.

I would also like to point out that there was a very good reason for Baltimore to not have a very good running game this past season and that would be due to injury and had to rely on back that were 5 years past their prime.

Jensen might be better and I'm not arguing that I'm just saying to flat out say no on Bozeman would be pretty silly we need all the help we can get.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:53 pm

Zoo wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:34 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

PFF predicts #Bengals sign Ryan Jensen, Jerry Hughes in free agency [url]https://t.co/WdC8csIIZA via[/url]@thebengalswire https://twitter.com/BengalsTalk/status/ ... x-TIFt0Ew
How does a 33 year old defensive end that is roughly 6 years older than our current starting defensive ends help?
Coz' he comes cheap...? :?

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:01 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:53 pm
Zoo wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:34 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

Coz' he comes cheap...? :?
If he comes cheap, yes.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:28 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:43 pm
Zoo wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:31 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

You are partly correct here, the Center will call out the Mike Linebacker which depending on the play can set the pass pro, however so does Burrow from the pocket with the back's and there's a lot more to it then the Center just sets the protection. Adeniji was not very good in pass pro and I'll point out it was extremely clear in the Titan's game this post season.

I would also like to point out that there was a very good reason for Baltimore to not have a very good running game this past season and that would be due to injury and had to rely on back that were 5 years past their prime.

Jensen might be better and I'm not arguing that I'm just saying to flat out say no on Bozeman would be pretty silly we need all the help we can get.
I don't think what I looked at pertained to the off season. Because we all know the interior line got pushed around in the playoffs. It might be more feasible to get Bozeman and another lineman. I think we can all agree we're not going to be satisfied without at least 2 new starting offensive linemen. Most of us would prefer 3.
I also pondered the thought of using a fullback or an H-back to help. Even if it's just making another lineman legible.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:07 pm

I'm starting to get a vibe that you guys are throwing in the towel on making a big splash on the Oline and it kinda disappoints me. There are some serious upgrades out there to be had and probably 100 different ways we can upgrade the line. Draft picks and aged veterans ( my love for Whitworth aside) are not one of them. Telling me there are 2nd and 3rd rounders out there better than some of the guys we started in the Superbowl just makes me want to vomit. I'm not watching this 70 sack shit show again.

I don't think Jensen is an option, at all. I'm telling you right now without a shadow of a doubt that Hopkins and Carmen will be on this team next season, Hopkins as the starter and Carmen possibly in a rotation. I think they make their plays at LG and RT. How they do that may vary (see Armstead at LT and move Williams to RT, let Reiff walk, for example)

We cannot settle for Burrow behind more draft picks or marginal improvements in FA. Go big or go home.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:45 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:07 pm
I'm starting to get a vibe that you guys are throwing in the towel on making a big splash on the Oline and it kinda disappoints me. There are some serious upgrades out there to be had and probably 100 different ways we can upgrade the line. Draft picks and aged veterans ( my love for Whitworth aside) are not one of them. Telling me there are 2nd and 3rd rounders out there better than some of the guys we started in the Superbowl just makes me want to vomit. I'm not watching this 70 sack shit show again.

I don't think Jensen is an option, at all. I'm telling you right now without a shadow of a doubt that Hopkins and Carmen will be on this team next season, Hopkins as the starter and Carmen possibly in a rotation. I think they make their plays at LG and RT. How they do that may vary (see Armstead at LT and move Williams to RT, let Reiff walk, for example)

We cannot settle for Burrow behind more draft picks or marginal improvements in FA. Go big or go home.
By all means don't get me wrong I'm not saying settle, however if there are guys out there that are improvement and we aren't going to over pay then get them. The very last thing I wanna do is overpay for a RT, or G when there's quality guys out there you don't have to.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:08 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:07 pm

No one's throwing in the towel. The line has to be improved through free agency. We have to know who and what we are getting. We can address the line through the draft, but not make it a priority. There are other teams trying to improve their offensive line. One thing we have is cap space. Ideally I would like Armstead and Norwell.