Top Offensive Line Free Agents per PFF

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Top Offensive Line Free Agents per PFF

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:15 am

4256 Hits wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:59 am

A year ago it was unrealistic to think the Bengals would make it to the super bowl. So we are now living in a fantasy world so I can have all the unrealistic thoughts I want to have.

Plus if they don't fix the OL all those other positions will not matter when Burrow is on the operating table having another knee surgery.
First of all that last statement is a bit hyperbolic, if you look at all his sacks some of them are on him not all on the O-line, just like some of his picks. We sit here and say they need to fix this or fix that and they have been working on it. Granted it's never exactly what we've wanted but honestly look at it this way, we signed Reiff and then drafted Carman. If Carman came in week 1 and started without any issue we wouldn't be having this conversation. Carman may come into camp next year and be dominate and the vast majority of Bengals fans will still think he sucks cause they don't forget or forgive. I expect them to do something similar this season, go after a FA, resign some of our guys and address in the draft.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:38 am

As much as we need oline help, Mikey isn't trading multiple 1st rounders for anyone, I don't care if it's the clone of Munoz.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:52 am

4256 Hits wrote:
So we are now living in a fantasy world so I can have all the unrealistic thoughts I want to have.
No.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:01 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:15 am
4256 Hits wrote:

A year ago it was unrealistic to think the Bengals would make it to the super bowl. So we are now living in a fantasy world so I can have all the unrealistic thoughts I want to have.

Plus if they don't fix the OL all those other positions will not matter when Burrow is on the operating table having another knee surgery.
First of all that last statement is a bit hyperbolic, if you look at all his sacks some of them are on him not all on the O-line, just like some of his picks. We sit here and say they need to fix this or fix that and they have been working on it. Granted it's never exactly what we've wanted but honestly look at it this way, we signed Reiff and then drafted Carman. If Carman came in week 1 and started without any issue we wouldn't be having this conversation. Carman may come into camp next year and be dominate and the vast majority of Bengals fans will still think he sucks cause they don't forget or forgive. I expect them to do something similar this season, go after a FA, resign some of our guys and address in the draft.
We need a welfare check on Meat. Somebody's gotten ahold of his computer and is posting in his name. Somebody sane, rational and mature. That leaves out his wife and baby.

Well wait a minute......maybe not the baby,...... :?

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:53 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
We sit here and say they need to fix this or fix that
I have been quite clear there is only one thing I want to fix and that is the OL. I am fine is another area needs to suffer some. If Boyd can get the Bengals an above average starting G in a trade they should make that trade. Obviously I don't know for sure that Burrow will get hurt but more times he gets hit the more likely he will be hurt.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:19 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:53 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
We sit here and say they need to fix this or fix that
I have been quite clear there is only one thing I want to fix and that is the OL. I am fine is another area needs to suffer some. If Boyd can get the Bengals an above average starting G in a trade they should make that trade. Obviously I don't know for sure that Burrow will get hurt but more times he gets hit the more likely he will be hurt.
You need to look at the rest of that statement, they have been working on fixing this issue. I'll say again they thought they had a pretty good solution to this problem last year it just turned out they didn't quite yet.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:24 pm

Bengals could target Ravens center Bradley Bozeman in free agency, per report...

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/0 ... ee-agency/

Mag

Post by Mag » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:32 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:24 pm
Bengals could target Ravens center Bradley Bozeman in free agency, per report...

No

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:14 pm

Willie Lutz (@willie_lutz)
Three things that make the #Bengals interest of Bradley Bozeman thing interesting:

- Fits Bengals philosophy on betting on breakout talent
- Seems to be a locker room favorite
- Hasn’t missed a game in 3 of 4 seasons

This one feels like something with some substance.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:35 pm

Mag wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:32 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:24 pm

No
He was second in pass blocking efficiency according to ESPN, and he's getting better and better. Also we'd be taking away talent from a division rival.

He gave up 3 sacks total last year and this is going to be a pass heavy offense going forward.