Top Offensive Line Free Agents per PFF

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Scooper

Re: Top Offensive Line Free Agents per PFF

Post by Scooper » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:09 pm

While the interior is the biggest problem, let's not pretend Prince is an OK answer at RT moving forward. I know it's tough for OSU fans to swallow, but he's a liability, as well. Hell, draft NPF and move him to the right if it makes you feel better.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:44 pm

Scooper wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:09 pm
While the interior is the biggest problem, let's not pretend Prince is an OK answer at RT moving forward. I know it's tough for OSU fans to swallow, but he's a liability, as well. Hell, draft NPF and move him to the right if it makes you feel better.
Agree yeah, I'm not OK with keeping Prince at Tackle. What fooo is?? Keep Jonah, Spain and replace the rest of we can for Pete's sake.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:23 pm

during the superbowl seems like everytime burrow was on the ground, Prince was standing over him looking down..... get rid of him or move him to backup

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:45 pm

orange_black wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:23 pm
during the superbowl seems like everytime burrow was on the ground, Prince was standing over him looking down..... get rid of him or move him to backup
I would keep Prince, he was a pretty good backup. If I remember correctly he's done pretty well in the playoffs as a whole and was the highest graded linemen against KC.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:45 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:44 pm
Agree yeah, I'm not OK with keeping Prince at Tackle. What fooo is?? Keep Jonah, Spain and replace the rest of we can for Pete's sake.
This is why it would be nice to resign Reiff. It settles our tackles, both Left and Right at least for the foreseeable future. We need to concentrate on the interior of the line.....period. :x

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:57 pm

Thoughts.....?

Andrew Russell (@PFF_AndrewR)
This may not be well-received, but it's my opinion.

I would pay Ryan Jensen 3 years $39M and slide Hopkins over to RG in the last year of his deal. One move upgrade C and RG and the money saved can be spent on Tomlinson at LG (3 years $27M).

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:22 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:57 pm
Thoughts.....?

Andrew Russell (@PFF_AndrewR)
This may not be well-received, but it's my opinion.

I would pay Ryan Jensen 3 years $39M and slide Hopkins over to RG in the last year of his deal. One move upgrade C and RG and the money saved can be spent on Tomlinson at LG (3 years $27M).
Whatever... Honestly, we can throw all these names around. All I want to see is an upgraded Offensive Line.

If we were to do that and then draft another Guard to either develop or compete with Hopkins, I can live with that.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:08 pm

I just want to see them make at least one 5 star move EARLY in FA to know they are serious about this. Like Jmble says, there are too many puzzle pieces out there for the fans to sort out. I just hope that the Bengals leadership team has a bead on two guys and strategies for both options.
Seeking Superbowls

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:36 pm

Take this with a grain of salt, but a buddy who’s a Colts fan texted me about a rumored 3-team deal that would send Quinten Nelson to us. Zero real details and I don’t know if it’s credible. I’m hearing multiple firsts? Maybe one of our receivers, Boyd or Higgins? How much is too much?

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:00 pm

Exile wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:36 pm
Take this with a grain of salt, but a buddy who’s a Colts fan texted me about a rumored 3-team deal that would send Quinten Nelson to us. Zero real details and I don’t know if it’s credible. I’m hearing multiple firsts? Maybe one of our receivers, Boyd or Higgins? How much is too much?
He played at Notre Dame, If this were real Scooper would have told us by now.... :roll: