Super Bowl LVI Cats v Rams Chatter & Predictions

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
skycruiser

Re: Super Bowl LVI Cats v Rams Chatter & Predictions

Post by skycruiser » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:02 am

Can we just play the freakin game already?

Mag

Post by Mag » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:39 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:58 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:23 pm
talk about bitter x-gf, Carson open's his mouth again and just makes a complete fool of himself.

https://youtu.be/188zwOTC2jU
My goodness. Does Carson still have night sweats over this?? Does he realize there was an entire Andy Dalton era with 5 playoff appearances and 2 AFCN Championships after him??? Yes I sympathized with him at the time and rightfully so. But geez Carson, organizational change doesnt mean SoP is going to send you a gift pack of strawberries, stroke your ego and let you take the Lumina out for a weekend. Move on douchebag.
The problem with Carson's argument is it's mostly wrong. The team spent lots of money on players around Carson. Carson, Chad, TJ, Rudi, Willie, Levi, Bobbie Williams, all got paid. Now an argument could be made on whether money should went to Steiny instead of Levi or Willie, but that is an issue of internal scouting, not effort in spending money. During a 4 year span, he had an O where he threw to Chad, TJ, Henry, with Rudi running, Levi, Steiny, Williams, and Willie blocking. Most QBs would give their left nut for that.

The problem with the Bengals til recently is not that they don't spend money, it's that they don't always spend money wisely. They value certain positions over others (not paying elite Cs and Gs). And they value their own players too much, even if they are poor fits or past their prime.

They have shown improvement. They are not shy about spending on outside FAs. Over 200 mil in contracts given out to outside FAs the last 2years. They are moving on from expensive vets that are getting past their prime. They're letting go of talent that aren't good personally and/or scheme fits.

In Burrow's tenure, this team has made good decisions. Yes the OL needs work, but it's not for a lack of trying. To say Burrow is going to consider leaving its simply an ignorant, outdated opinion.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:59 am

He’s a quitter. Never forget that. He quit on us.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:10 am

Mag wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:39 am
stripesincarolina wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:58 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:23 pm
talk about bitter x-gf, Carson open's his mouth again and just makes a complete fool of himself.

https://youtu.be/188zwOTC2jU
My goodness. Does Carson still have night sweats over this?? Does he realize there was an entire Andy Dalton era with 5 playoff appearances and 2 AFCN Championships after him??? Yes I sympathized with him at the time and rightfully so. But geez Carson, organizational change doesnt mean SoP is going to send you a gift pack of strawberries, stroke your ego and let you take the Lumina out for a weekend. Move on douchebag.
The problem with Carson's argument is it's mostly wrong. The team spent lots of money on players around Carson. Carson, Chad, TJ, Rudi, Willie, Levi, Bobbie Williams, all got paid. Now an argument could be made on whether money should went to Steiny instead of Levi or Willie, but that is an issue of internal scouting, not effort in spending money. During a 4 year span, he had an O where he threw to Chad, TJ, Henry, with Rudi running, Levi, Steiny, Williams, and Willie blocking. Most QBs would give their left nut for that.

The problem with the Bengals til recently is not that they don't spend money, it's that they don't always spend money wisely. They value certain positions over others (not paying elite Cs and Gs). And they value their own players too much, even if they are poor fits or past their prime.

They have shown improvement. They are not shy about spending on outside FAs. Over 200 mil in contracts given out to outside FAs the last 2years. They are moving on from expensive vets that are getting past their prime. They're letting go of talent that aren't good personally and/or scheme fits.

In Burrow's tenure, this team has made good decisions. Yes the OL needs work, but it's not for a lack of trying. To say Burrow is going to consider leaving its simply an ignorant, outdated opinion.
He's literally still complaining about the scouting department when they obviously take a much different approach. Right or wrong they allow the coaches that coach and personnel that actually make the decisions scout. Also they have proven over the past few years they aren't cheap spending over 200 million on this defense, which mind you has gotten us to this point. So bitter Ex GF Carson needs to just go away, he's no longer relevant to the conversation!

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:39 pm

I don't recall how open this group is to overuse of profanity. So I'll play it conservative, but I can think of a few words to throw at Carson Palmer.

Oh well. We've moved on, so should he. Now...

Who #$*%ing Dey! :twisted:

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:24 pm

Scooper wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:39 pm
I don't recall how open this group is to overuse of profanity. So I'll play it conservative, but I can think of a few words to throw at Carson Palmer.

Oh well. We've moved on, so should he. Now...

Who #$*%ing Dey! :twisted:
I only start cussing now after Burrow takes his third consecutive sack on third down to push us out of FG range. I swear if he does it tomorrow I will lose my sh*t.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:50 pm

Bengals by 1000

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:15 pm

No surprises, Trent Taylor and Mike Daniels activated. Looks like Stanley Morgan will sit (I think).
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:33 pm

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
The #Bengals elevated DT Mike Daniels and WR Trent Taylor from the practice squad to the active roster for Super Bowl LVI. The #Rams elevated DB Blake Countess and DB Eric Weddle from the practice squad to play.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:20 pm

Let's win baby!

Oh, I'll say it ..hey Carson, SHUT THE FUCK UP you little bitch and take your wanna-be bitch ass brother with you
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.