Super Bowl LVI Cats v Rams Chatter & Predictions

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: Super Bowl LVI Cats v Rams Chatter & Predictions

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:36 am

No prediction here. Far too many variables under these bright lights. I will only say this.....

Ahead at the half we lose.
Behind or tied at the half we win.

These guys are going to need to stay in the comfort zone of who they have become. They get out to a 20 point lead or something they'll blow it.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:29 am

I know a lot of you guys like to focus on the Xs & Os but I concentrate much more on the intangibles.

If we're going to win we need to out hustle and out work the Rams. If we play like we're just happy to be there we'll lose for sure.

Our intensity level has to be high and stay high throughout the game, no let up....period.

If they fight, scrap and hustle for 60 minutes they can win. Now let's see how they do....

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:37 am

I'm looking at Stafford and thinking he's going to make some mistakes. You watch him play and he's been making some really bad decisions, that 9er's game they dropped that winning INT. I don't see us doing that, I think if we play like we usually do scrappy and with passion this game is ours.

Scooper

Post by Scooper » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:15 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:29 am
I know a lot of you guys like to focus on the Xs & Os but I concentrate much more on the intangibles.

If we're going to win we need to out hustle and out work the Rams. If we play like we're just happy to be there we'll lose for sure.

Our intensity level has to be high and stay high throughout the game, no let up....period.

If they fight, scrap and hustle for 60 minutes they can win. Now let's see how they do....
Don't take any talk about being loose and enjoying the experience as an indication of intensity. I can't imagine any of them are just happy to be there. On the other hand, there's a certain swagger in having a real belief in belonging there versus just being lucky. That chip they've carried on their shoulder for the last few weeks is still very much there, I'm sure.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:15 pm

Sitting here watching Superbowl live as the Bengals are arriving in LA. They were talking about how Burrow was going to come off the plane. I can't remember who it was. But, they say they expect him to walk out of the cockpit and off the plane. 👍🐯🏈

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:00 pm

Scooper wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:55 am
The Browns may have a better overall roster, but we have the QB and more playmakers overall on offense. Shoring up the OL this off-season could go a long way toward a sustained run of success.

Let's win the damned Superbowl first, though.
I think the Browns are a great lesson in the importance of team chemistry. If you go through and rate those guys individually, they may have a better roster than we do, but clearly we've got the intangibles that allow us to perform at our best while there's some definite dysfunction here in Cleveland.

I'm probably more worried about Baltimore, honestly. Their roster was held together with duct tape and twine this year and they were still very competitive with teams not from Cincinnati.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:52 pm

Exile wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:00 pm
Scooper wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:55 am
The Browns may have a better overall roster, but we have the QB and more playmakers overall on offense. Shoring up the OL this off-season could go a long way toward a sustained run of success.

Let's win the damned Superbowl first, though.
I think the Browns are a great lesson in the importance of team chemistry. If you go through and rate those guys individually, they may have a better roster than we do, but clearly we've got the intangibles that allow us to perform at our best while there's some definite dysfunction here in Cleveland.

I'm probably more worried about Baltimore, honestly. Their roster was held together with duct tape and twine this year and they were still very competitive with teams not from Cincinnati.
I don't worry too much about Baltimore, they don't have the QB that they need to be great. Sure Lamar is an amazing athlete but he's not a true QB and he's not shown the big game balls Joe Burrow has.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:45 pm

In all the recent updated mock drafts I've see everyone has the Bengals selecting 31st. In addition I've seen a few articles on what teams need to do unseat the Rams. I think there will be more people rooting for the Bengals, then the Rams. But, obviously not many of them thinking defeating them will actually happen.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:07 pm

We officially have everyone back in practice that is not on IR.....except CJ. He was still out today. I think he may be a gametime decision. Probably has lateral movement issues.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:09 pm

Can we just get to the freakin game already