Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:19 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:49 pm
Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero)
The #Raiders have contacted the #Bengals to request an interview with Trey Brown for their vacant GM job, per source. Brown is regarded in NFL circles as sharp, knowledgeable and a relentless worker, and he has impressed ownership in multiple GM interviews.
I honestly have no idea who Trey Brown is. I'm assuming he's part of the "Brown" family? What's his role now for us? If he's an actual "Brown", why would his family let him leave to a GM with another team?
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:40 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:19 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
The #Raiders have contacted the #Bengals to request an interview with Trey Brown for their vacant GM job, per source. Brown is regarded in NFL circles as sharp, knowledgeable and a relentless worker, and he has impressed ownership in multiple GM interviews.
I honestly have no idea who Trey Brown is. I'm assuming he's part of the "Brown" family? What's his role now for us? If he's an actual "Brown", why would his family let him leave to a GM with another team?

[https://www.bengals.com/news/trey-brown ... -personnel]

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:56 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
I feel like I have entered a bizarro world. First the Bengals win a play-off game now another team wants to hire one of the Bengals front office employees? :o

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:58 pm

Just looked at link above and now understand why they want to interview him. He checks the box that the NFL racist hiring policy requires.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:16 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:56 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
I feel like I have entered a bizarro world. First the Bengals win a play-off game now another team wants to hire one of the Bengals front office employees? :o
Yeah. They want to hire one of our scouts who's not a GM with the Bengals to be GM of the Raiders. Go figure huh

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:18 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:40 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:19 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

[https://www.bengals.com/news/trey-brown ... -personnel]
Ah gotcha. After looking and reading he's not a Brown. However, he seems to be great at what he does and would like to keep him around as long as possible. But seems like he has a tremendously bright future ahead.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:03 am

From Paul Dehner

#Bengals sign DT Zach Kerr off Arizona’s practice squad. Has played in 95 games with 16 career starts.

That’s two DT bodies with starting experience in league signed as Bengals try to recover from the injuries of the weekend.

Still look on track to have Hubbard, Hendrickson, Reader and Hill as starters. Just a matter of working the depth pieces.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:06 am

Don't know a lot about Zach Kerr.

The PFF Breakdown.

2021 he played on 102 snaps with an overall grade of 58.8

His grades and stats have been much better in previous years. He's 31 years old, so it could be age catching up to him or maybe a change of scenery will be good.

In 2020 he played on 388 snaps with a grade of 84.1 overall. He forced one fumble and had four sacks. His run defense grade was 77.8.

This honestly sounds like a best case scenario pick up for what we need. If there are better options out there they are probably already on an NFL roster.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:19 am

Agreed. And I'm happy to have the depth. One injury and we are screwed, or having to stick Tyler Shelvin in there which simply cannot happen. Give me a couple of mediocre vets that might play hard for the oppty and know what they are doing any day.

I watched a Youtube matchup video last night and I got to tell you, we either blow them out or we lose by a hair. We will not get smoked in this game, period. We've just had so many close games this year that a Raven-esque blowout right about now would be nice. (can't believe I just said that)

Right now I'm leaning high 20's Titans, Bengals within 2 points. I really need a reason to believe we can blow them out.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:34 pm

question:

are we not expecting to stack the box and make tannehill beat us?

if so..... it seems like these 2 vets we signed for rotation should be ok????