Re: Our 2 game season

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:41 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:43 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:25 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:20 pm
I'm just firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category. They've shown they're still inconsistent under Burrow/ Taylor just like we're under Palmer/ Lewis or under Dalton/Lewis.

Is Burrow a better QB than Dalton? I believe so. But what difference does it make if they're still losing meaningful games...?

Burrow might be different. But are the Bengals as a team...?

Not convinced yet....
We get it you aren't convinced but some are and we don't necessarily need to hear you say you aren't convinced over and over again.
This is a forum to discuss things. If your ego is so easily bruised by others opinions your free to go elsewhere.
Haha, no but you seem to be more of a broken record as of late and continue to repeat the same things over and over. At some point I would have figured a smart person like yourself would recognize that, and not have to be so combative.
Last edited by MeatHeadbengal on Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:48 pm

Jmble wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:02 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:43 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:25 pm

We get it you aren't convinced but some are and we don't necessarily need to hear you say you aren't convinced over and over again.
This is a forum to discuss things. If your ego is so easily bruised by others opinions your free to go elsewhere.
This is a serious question. I'm not looking to argue, I'm honestly curious.

Things are obviously changing since Katie has become more prevalent. New Uniforms, better Social Media presence/marketing, free agent spending is up/some players actually want to play here, a Ring of Honor has finally been added.

There's till plenty more to go, but what do you need to see to become a believer that the organization has changed to the point that you no longer believe it's "the same old Bengals"

Somehow beating KC?

Winning a playoff game?

Winning multiple playoff games?

Drafting an O-Lineman in the first round? Signing a high quality lineman in free agency?

I'm asking B1 specifically, but anybody can feel free to answer this.
To be completely honest we've all seen the changes in this franchise over the last two years. Spending big money on defensive high profile players like Reader and others. Most here realize that we are going in the right direction and are just waiting patiently for the next step. However some folks here will never be completely happy and will always nit pick on things here or there. Now that's not a knock on anyone here that's just how some people are. So to answer your question I don't think it matters what they do.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:38 pm

i dont know which games you've been watching this season but if you think Burrow is just another Dalton/Palmer/Boomer/Anderson....

smh

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:17 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:41 pm
Haha, no but you seem to be more of a broken record as of late and continue to repeat the same things over and over. At some point I would have figured a smart person like yourself would recognize that, and not have to be so combative.
You know Stripes is every bit as cynical as I am. Not as witty or handsome of course but just as skeptical and cynical if not more so especially of late.

Go pester him....

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:19 pm

Jmble wrote:
There's till plenty more to go, but what do you need to see to become a believer that the organization has changed to the point that you no longer believe it's "the same old Bengals"

Somehow beating KC?

Winning a playoff game?

Drafting an O-Lineman in the first round? Signing a high quality lineman in free agency?
Yes.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:33 pm

orange_black wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:38 pm
i dont know which games you've been watching this season but if you think Burrow is just another Dalton/Palmer/Boomer/Anderson....

smh
Anderson and Eisison would be Hall of Famers if they played for almost any other team. Both led teams to a Super Bowl.

Comparing Burrow to them is no insult believe me.

Carson was also a Heisman Trophy winner and overall #1 pick. If not for a broken knee he too would have led his team to a Super Bowl almost certainly.

Burrow’s only in his second season. Wink Martindale is correct (he was just stupid to say it before a game :roll: ) it's a tad early to fit Joe for a golden jacket just yet. Does Burrow have the potential to be a future Hall of Famer....? Yes, I honestly think he does.

But let's see how the future plays out before crowning him, okay? He's a Bengal don't forget.....horrible things could be waiting just around the corner.

Remember..... I have history on my side here..... :?

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:43 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:17 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:41 pm
You know Stripes is every bit as cynical as I am. Not as witty or handsome of course but just as skeptical and cynical if not more so especially of late.

Go pester him....
Don't drag me down on your Titanic, sir.

Yes, I am frustrated just like everyone else to see us lay eggs against the Jets and Browns just when we needed two easy wins. But I can also take a step back and see both sides of the discussion. KC laid some eggs early in the season. So did New England. Look at the Cardinals now. My primary callout is that those teams seem to be streaky and able to fix things vs our overall inconsistency. Our team varies by week, half and sometimes even drive. I can only attribute that to Zac either not having them prepared or calling bad plays.

I need 8 game win streaks. I need year over year playoff wins. I need back to back A+ draft grades. I just need to know that when I turn on the tv every Sunday that my team is feared and respected. Some of this is slowly being chipped away. But if we lay an egg against KC this week we will be right back where we started.

We're all surprised, happy to be in the hunt, but equally as frustrated. But the kind of frustration B1 has generally requires medication to resolve. It's ok old man.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:47 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:43 pm
Yes, I am frustrated just like everyone else to see us lay eggs against the Jets and Browns just when we needed two easy wins. But I can also take a step back and see both sides of the discussion. KC laid some eggs early in the season. So did New England. Look at the Cardinals now. My primary callout is that those teams seem to be streaky and able to fix things vs our overall inconsistency. Our team varies by week, half and sometimes even drive. I can only attribute that to Zac either not having them prepared or calling bad plays.

I need 8 game win streaks. I need year over year playoff wins. I need back to back A+ draft grades. I just need to know that when I turn on the tv every Sunday that my team is feared and respected. Some of this is slowly being chipped away. But if we lay an egg against KC this week we will be right back where we started.

We're all surprised, happy to be in the hunt, but equally as frustrated.
Exactly. 8-)

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:31 pm

CINCINNATI BENGALS (9-6) (vs. Kansas City (11-4), Sunday, 1:00 PM ET, CBS)

Cincinnati clinches AFC North division title with:

CIN win OR
CIN tie + BAL loss or tie OR
BAL loss + CLE-PIT tie

Cincinnati clinches playoff berth with:

CIN tie + LAC loss + LV loss + MIA loss or tie OR
CIN tie + LAC loss + LV loss + NE loss OR
CIN tie + LAC loss + LV tie + MIA loss or tie + NE win OR
CIN tie + LAC loss + LV tie + NE tie + MIA tie + BUF win or tie OR
CIN tie + LAC loss + LV tie + NE loss + MIA win + BUF win or tie

NOTE: There are other clinching scenarios for Cincinnati that involve multiple tie games.

Like I said.....convoluted.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:01 pm

Jmble wrote:

This is a serious question. I'm not looking to argue, I'm honestly curious.

Things are obviously changing since Katie has become more prevalent. New Uniforms, better Social Media presence/marketing, free agent spending is up/some players actually want to play here, a Ring of Honor has finally been added.

Somehow beating KC?

Winning a playoff game?

I'm asking B1 specifically, but anybody can feel free to answer this.
For me it is winning a play-off game back to back years or making play-offs 3 years in a row and winning 2 play-off games.