Our 2 game season

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Our 2 game season

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:26 am

Jmble wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:18 am
These aren't the "same old Bengals". Unfortunately right now, they are as inconsistent as those older versions.
Translation....These aren't the same old Bengals....but they play like them.

That's a distinction without a difference.... :roll:

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:34 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:26 am
Jmble wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:18 am
These aren't the "same old Bengals". Unfortunately right now, they are as inconsistent as those older versions.
Translation....These aren't the same old Bengals....but they play like them.

That's a distinction without a difference.... :roll:
"Same Old Bengals" means inconsistent for the same reasons without a difference maker.

The old Bengals would make the same mistakes over and over. They would seem to give up as soon as something bad happens. You could actually see the fight go out on those teams.

This team makes mistakes, but the biggest problems come from the shortcomings on our roster (i.e. Parts of the Offensive Line/Linebackers) and a whole lot of youthful mistakes. Take out a couple of those Burrow interceptions and this season looks completely different.

When this team makes a mistake, you can see the team doing everything it can to come back from that mistake. Yeah, we have the two blowouts, which sucked, but I don't feel like this team is going to fall apart as soon as they give the ball away or the other team overcomes a deficit to take the lead.

Nobody thought this team was going to win the Division at the beginning of the year. We are still supposed to be a year or two away from really competing, yet here we are.

If you can't see with your eyes that this team is different, then I don't know what to tell you.

I still wouldn't predict we win this game. The chiefs are the hottest team in the NFL right now, but I think that they believe they can win, and I'm not sure we can say that about a lot of other Bengal teams in the last 30 years.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:03 pm

Looks like we'll be without Pratt as well. Not looking good for this defense honestly.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:52 pm

Jmble wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:34 am
If you can't see with your eyes that this team is different, then I don't know what to tell you.
I see that we have a really good QB....again. We had one in Kenny Anderson and again with Boomer. We had one in Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton.

This isn't the first time we've had really good quarterback play. That the organization still hasn't learned to protect their best player by doing everything possible (instead of the minimalist effort) is.......disheartening, to say the least.

That this team is still inconsistent and a head case despite changing QBs and head coaches is also disconcerting, once again, to say the least.

I truly wonder if anything significant and meaningful will ever happen. Most fans expect the passing of SoP to be the event that will change the course of this franchise. I'm not as certain about that anymore either.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:11 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:52 pm
Jmble wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:34 am
I see that we have a really good QB....again. We had one in Kenny Anderson and again with Boomer. We had one in Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton.

This isn't the first time we've had really good quarterback play. That the organization still hasn't learned to protect their best player by doing everything possible (instead of the minimalist effort) is.......disheartening, to say the least.

That this team is still inconsistent and a head case despite changing QBs and head coaches is also disconcerting, once again, to say the least.

I truly wonder if anything significant and meaningful will ever happen. Most fans expect the passing of SoP to be the event that will change the course of this franchise. I'm not as certain about that anymore either.
We went to a Super Bowl with Kenny Anderson and Boomer Esiason. And I am not going to put Palmer (post injury) in the same category as Burrow. I'm definitely not going to put Dalton in the same category as Burrow.

Despite that, I don't really know why we are arguing about it other than you like to argue. I've talked to you enough to know that you and I don't feel that much different about this team. I'm slightly more optimistic than you, but a lot of that is that I can't be a fan of this team and not at least hope for them to be better through some sort of optimism. I've been through too much. I still don't think they are going to win this week, but I am optimistic enough to say that if we make the playoffs somehow, we can win a game. This AFC is too wide open and we are likely to be playing a Wild Card team so we won't have to deal with Kansas City in the first round.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:20 pm

I'm just firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category. They've shown they're still inconsistent under Burrow/ Taylor just like we're under Palmer/ Lewis or under Dalton/Lewis.

Is Burrow a better QB than Dalton? I believe so. But what difference does it make if they're still losing meaningful games...?

Burrow might be different. But are the Bengals as a team...?

Not convinced yet....

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:25 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:20 pm
I'm just firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category. They've shown they're still inconsistent under Burrow/ Taylor just like we're under Palmer/ Lewis or under Dalton/Lewis.

Is Burrow a better QB than Dalton? I believe so. But what difference does it make if they're still losing meaningful games...?

Not convinced yet....
We get it you aren't convinced but some are and we don't necessarily need to hear you say you aren't convinced over and over again.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:43 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:25 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

Not convinced yet....
We get it you aren't convinced but some are and we don't necessarily need to hear you say you aren't convinced over and over again.
This is a forum to discuss things. If your ego is so easily bruised by others opinions your free to go elsewhere.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:00 pm

I'm not going to beat a dead horse. Honestly I see both sides. I see that we are extremely hopeful under Burrow. For me I think Zacs the one I have a doubt about. Not because i think he's horrible, but because I think he's still a young coach and he's learning as he goes. Is that it will that be good enough for Burrow to lead this team? I honestly don't know. I do know this and I'm sincere when I'm say it and I'm sum it up with how I really and truly feel. I'm just ready to win a playoff game. Period. I need a playoff win. Have to have it. I'm dying over here without it. I think once this team gets over the playoff slump then I expect them to go great things. But we have to have it sooner than later in my opinion nbwe cannot let Burrow get outta Cincinnati without some playoff wins and contending each year with the almightys. He's just to dam good to be another Dalton or Palmer. Please just win!
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:02 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:43 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:25 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

Not convinced yet....
This is a forum to discuss things. If your ego is so easily bruised by others opinions your free to go elsewhere.
This is a serious question. I'm not looking to argue, I'm honestly curious.

Things are obviously changing since Katie has become more prevalent. New Uniforms, better Social Media presence/marketing, free agent spending is up/some players actually want to play here, a Ring of Honor has finally been added.

There's till plenty more to go, but what do you need to see to become a believer that the organization has changed to the point that you no longer believe it's "the same old Bengals"

Somehow beating KC?

Winning a playoff game?

Winning multiple playoff games?

Drafting an O-Lineman in the first round? Signing a high quality lineman in free agency?

I'm asking B1 specifically, but anybody can feel free to answer this.