Cats vs Teddys Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Cats vs Teddys Game Thread.

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:30 pm

Guess I can't speak what I see and what others want me to see.

I just wanna win. We didn't go anywhere with Palmer, Henry, Rudy, Chad, Gene, AJ, I want this team to succeed with Bates, Burrow, Higgins and Mixon but I'm afraid we don't have the coaches to get this team over the hump. Wanna shut me up, then win!! Win baby!
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:40 pm

Well never win a playoff game whole SOP is alive

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:42 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:40 pm
There's alot of truth in that cruiser.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:32 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:42 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:40 pm
There's alot of truth in that cruiser.
I'm not completely convinced Punkin and her hubby haven't become Bungelized myself. :?

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:53 am

I work with a guy who is married to one of Paul Brown's other kids kids (SoP's sisters daughter). He very much has made it clear that the entire family thinks differently than mikey boy about how the franchise should be ran. Katie still has to get the blessing on almost every decision and would/will do things differently when its her show. allegedly.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:18 am

skycruiser wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:53 am
I work with a guy who is married to one of Paul Brown's other kids kids (SoP's sisters daughter). He very much has made it clear that the entire family thinks differently than mikey boy about how the franchise should be ran. Katie still has to get the blessing on almost every decision and would/will do things differently when its her show. allegedly.
That's good to hear but I'll believe it when I see it. 8-)

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:56 pm

i saw somehwere..... someone was interviewing marvin after he left....

basically..... when it came to drafting..... Mikie wantted ferraris (WR,RB) and Marvin wanted mack trucks (Linemen).

if that is true, the i do believe we will not do much until mikey goes down.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:07 pm

orange_black wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:56 pm
i saw somehwere..... someone was interviewing marvin after he left....

basically..... when it came to drafting..... Mikie wantted ferraris (WR,RB) and Marvin wanted mack trucks (Linemen).

if that is true, the i do believe we will not do much until mikey goes down.
Yes, that was from The Athletic article on Marvin back in February.

Exile

Post by Exile » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:56 am

On the Athletic's Bengals podcast, they had some stats about our run game vs. 5 or 6 guys in the box--i.e. the situations where you should be able to run it because you have an advantage. We're terrible. Mixon's got just over 3 yards per carry while a lot of running backs have 5, 6, 7 in these situations. Is that Mixon? Is that our line? I came into this season optimistic about what our new/old line coach could do with the guys we have in pass protection and in the run game, but so far it's not looking good. Maybe it's tied up in the playcalling--that certainly wasn't impressive in Chicago--I don't know. It's frustrating though, because this definitely seemed like a game we could/should win.

Our defense played really well. I've been consistently impressed with Awuzie and basically the whole secondary not named Eli Apple. The line has been getting good pressure and the linebackers are better than expected. If we could just get our offense going, this team could be great. Unfortunately, Pittsburgh's strength right now is their defense, so it's not like it gets any easier. Should be another winnable game though.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:05 am

Exile wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:56 am
On the Athletic's Bengals podcast, they had some stats about our run game vs. 5 or 6 guys in the box--i.e. the situations where you should be able to run it because you have an advantage. We're terrible. Mixon's got just over 3 yards per carry while a lot of running backs have 5, 6, 7 in these situations. Is that Mixon? Is that our line?
I stated that it was Mixon in game 1. If you watch he hits the line before the line has time to develop anything. He's a very impatient runner. He runs into the back of an olineman most the time and by the time he's bouncing off he's got his 3.1 or 3.2 ypc.