Draft Day!

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
skycruiser

Re: Draft Day!

Post by skycruiser » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:17 am

alot of people are super high on teven jenkins and want us to move up to get him. with the depth that's sitting there i would stay put and let someone fall your way. we should walk away with a 1st round talent level interior OL in the 2nd which would make the entire draft an A+

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:49 am

If you want Jenkins and he is the right pick, go get him. Dont leave it to chance. Use your extra 6th and package it to move up 4 or 5 spots. Dont rely on the guy you need to be a game changer falling to you. Just do it Mikey.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:45 pm

With Jacksonville going Offense Offense I see them going Defense with this pick. So we'd have to survive 3 more picks to get the guy we want, and I think the guy we want is OT Dillon Radunz. Honestly I think we'd be doing pretty good with any of the top guys left though.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:49 pm

Here's a different take from Dehner
Entirely possible to see a potential Bengals trade back today. With so many offensive linemen out there they could move back, add a fourth and still land their prospect of choice. They did exactly that in 2017, ‘18 and ‘19 for Joe Mixon, Jessie Bates and Drew Sample.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:04 pm

Jmble wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:49 pm
Entirely possible to see a potential Bengals trade back today. With so many offensive linemen out there they could move back, add a fourth and still land their prospect of choice. They did exactly that in 2017, ‘18 and ‘19 for Joe Mixon, Jessie Bates and Drew Sample.
This would piss me off. Just another example of Mikey putting new mufflers on the Lumina instead of just solving the problem and getting the new car that can protect Burrow. They wont land their "prospect of choice". But it might be spun that way after they royally screw this up.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:08 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:04 pm
Jmble wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:49 pm
This would piss me off. Just another example of Mikey putting new mufflers on the Lumina instead of just solving the problem and getting the new car that can protect Burrow. They wont land their "prospect of choice". But it might be spun that way after they royally screw this up.
I'm almost where you are. If they traded back 3 to 4 picks, I'd be fine with it. If they traded back to the middle of the second round or later I wouldn't be happy at all. we don't know who they are targeting. If they are targeting someone who is likely to be gone if they move back a few picks, then I would be 100 percent against it. It doesn't matter, the Bengals rarely do what we think they should do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:24 pm

Jmble wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:03 am
I just want a guy who can play Guard. I don't care if he's a natural Guard or a Tackle who has either played Guard or is projected to be a good Guard.

We signed Reiff. If the worst case scenario is that we improve our line this year and still need to find a Tackle next year if Reiff leaves, I can live with that. Keep Burrow on his feet this year and improve more next year.

The Bengals have historically been pretty good at finding decent Guards after the first round of the draft. Unfortunately they just never keep them for a second contract.
Problem if don't take a T is if one of the two starters get hurt then they will be back to using a card board cutout at T. And they could get Joe killed.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:30 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:24 pm
Jmble wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:03 am
I just want a guy who can play Guard. I don't care if he's a natural Guard or a Tackle who has either played Guard or is projected to be a good Guard.

We signed Reiff. If the worst case scenario is that we improve our line this year and still need to find a Tackle next year if Reiff leaves, I can live with that. Keep Burrow on his feet this year and improve more next year.

The Bengals have historically been pretty good at finding decent Guards after the first round of the draft. Unfortunately they just never keep them for a second contract.
Problem if don't take a T is if one of the two starters get hurt then they will be back to using a card board cutout at T. And they could get Joe killed.
I don't disagree with you and to be clear, I'd be okay if the entire rest of the draft was made up of Offensive Linemen, but it's not going to matter how good the outside of our Offensive Line is if we don't at least have capable players on the inside of the Line. I would be thrilled with somebody who can do both. Have him start at Guard and slide out to Tackle if needed. I just want somebody who is capable of playing on the inside of the line.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:15 pm

I could have a lot of fun with a name like Radnuts.... 8-)

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:29 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:15 pm
I could have a lot of fun with a name like Radnuts.... 8-)
I swear your whole Sadona life is a lie and you really live in a 1972 Coachman next to the West Virginia Turnpike. I know I've seen you there. You had a Bengals seat cover on your 1990 Cub Cadet mower that quit running in 2001 yet you sit on it every day and drink a PBR while watching for a tricked out Kenworth with a loud jake brake to go screaming by so you can yell "git 'em son!" while your skinny tweaker neighbor Ginny (who happens to be hot except for her missing tweaker teeth) winks her approval at you.

Yep, that was me going past you a few weeks ago thinking to myself "what kind of a douchebag puts a Bengals seat cover on a broke ass mower"? I'm 100% certain that was you.