Memorabilia

Talk about non Bengals stuff
stripesincarolina

Memorabilia

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:44 am

Bengals history......watcha got?

I'll start with a can of 1988 WhoDey beer (actually shown as Hu-Dey for Hudepohl Brewing) I just found in my basement. Hudepohl-Schoenling Brewing Company Cincinnati OH. Special Collectors Edition. I got it as a gift because the Superbowl was played on my birthday in 1989. Guess who lost. :cry:
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Re: Memorabilia

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:22 am

I'm not sure what constitutes "memorabilia" exactly but I have a ton of old Bengal stuff...

Here are some Bengal pins and crap on the bulletin board in our bedroom. Most of this stuff dates back to the early 80s....

I still have this old(er) foam head that used to sit in my office...

I still have this old jacket from the 80s. I think it's a Starter or maybe Rawlings...

Here's a picture of me and my older boy that's several years old. I'm wearing one of my old(er) Bengal hats and an old Starter jacket both from the 80s...

I have a picture of MrsB1 wearing an old Bengal t-shirt from the 80s she found in my closet way back when. I still have the shirt somewhere in a box out in the garage with about a dozen old caps from the 80s and early 90s. I can't post the pic here because unfortunately that's all she's wearing. :oops:

Let's just say it gives new meaning to the term, Welcome to the jungle. ;)

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:26 pm

Cool stuff! I need to go dig out all the stuff I put away from embarrassment.

So who's the naked chick with the robot? Is that one of your pre-sex doll fetishes?

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:00 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:26 pm
Cool stuff! I need to go dig out all the stuff I put away from embarrassment.

So who's the naked chick with the robot? Is that one of your pre-sex doll fetishes?
MrsB1 at an industry part from waaaay back. I posted a close up of it after I lost a bet on the old site. It might have been before you joined up.

Mag

Post by Mag » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:57 pm

Nicest thing I have is a field worn practice jersey that belonged to Richie Braham. One of these days I'd like to get it autographed.

Exile

Post by Exile » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:34 pm

I've got a field worn Chad jersey, but of course it's clean because DBs couldn't touch him!

At least, that's what the guy selling it on eBay said. ;)

Plus a Carson jersey and a t-shirt from the 90s.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:05 am

Wading thru the rest of my collection, I also have a Carson jersey. I have a Terrible Towel Bengals equivilent, cant remember when those were handed out. I have the usual trinkets like B1 as well. But my pride and joy continues to be my signed and framed Munoz jersey which hangs over the sofa in the bonus room. Its massive as you might expect.

I would really liked to have had a piece of Riverfront stadium when they tore it down. Between the Bungles and Reds, I had a lot of time in those seats.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:51 pm

Back in the late 70s and 80s, before the advent of the internet, you had to buy team merchandise through specialty stores. The ones in LA catered to the local teams like the Rams and later, the Raiders. Most had stuff from the other pro teams that were popular in that era like the Cowboys and Steelers etc... Trying to find anything related to the Bengals in LA back then was like trying to find hens teeth. I remember when one team specialty store opened up in Northridge where I lived. I was able to find a Bengals bumper sticker and maybe a pin.....that's it. Everything else was Rams, Lakers, Dodgers, USC, UCLA and on and on. Bleech!!! :evil:

I remember my first trip to Las Vegas I found a small store in a local Mall and Las Vegas not having a pro team at that time was thrilled to find it stocked with merchandise for ALL the NFL teams. I was able to buy Bengal hats, belt buckles, posters, key chains etc... it was like a small slice of heaven!

Of course, now you can find most anything on the net you want. Also ebay occasionally has older Bengal merchandise like jackets and hats etc... if you don't mind it being used.