NFL News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: NFL News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:22 pm

Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo)
The #Dolphins have informed LB Kyle Van Noy he will be released, source says. @CameronWolfe indicated this might be coming. It's confirmed.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:27 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:22 pm
Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo)
The #Dolphins have informed LB Kyle Van Noy he will be released, source says. @CameronWolfe indicated this might be coming. It's confirmed.
He wouldn't be a bad guy to bring in as long as it doesn't preclude us from doing what else we need to do. Less than a year ago he signed a 4 year 51 mil contract with 31 mil guaranteed. He had a decent but not spectacular year. He's almost 31 years old. Really the money is all it comes down to for me here. I'd certainly see what it's going to take.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:15 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:27 pm
He wouldn't be a bad guy to bring in as long as it doesn't preclude us from doing what else we need to do. Less than a year ago he signed a 4 year 51 mil contract with 31 mil guaranteed. He had a decent but not spectacular year. He's almost 31 years old. Really the money is all it comes down to for me here. I'd certainly see what it's going to take.
Well as we've discussed many times before you can't resonably fill a teams weak spots and holes (not as many as this team has anyway) in just one draft nor resonably in just one Free Agency period either.

We're going to need to sign a couple of free agents and draft wisely (something we haven't always done) and even then I expect we'll still have a few soft spots come opening day.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:56 am

Hmmmmm...... :?

Dianna Russini (@diannaESPN)
Just texted with an NFL head coach about the upcoming cuts and what he expects…

“It’s going to be a massacre next week all around the league” https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1 ... 85957?s=20

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:54 pm

Paul Dehner tweeted to keep an eye on this one Bengals fans.

From Josina Anderson
I'm told #Raiders G Gabe Jackson has been informed he will be released, per source.
Slightly above average PFF scores. Will be 30 years old at the start of the season.

Other than that I know nothing about him.

Edited to add a couple stats.

1,062 Offensive snaps played in 2020.

Zero sacks allowed.

3 total penalties.

Run blocking grade was slightly under average for the year though.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:32 pm

It's turning out to be a really bad day for Tight Ends.
The Saints have officially released TE Jared Cook and TE Josh Hill. The Cook move is procedural, as he was scheduled to be a free agent at the start of the new league year.
Both past and present
Former NFL player Kellen Winslow II was sentenced Wednesday to 14 years in prison for multiple rapes and other sexual offenses against five women in Southern California.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:45 pm

Former NFL player Kellen Winslow II was sentenced Wednesday to 14 years in prison for multiple rapes and other sexual offenses against five women in Southern California.
I always liked his father when he played for the Chargers. Then, when he was a commentator for ESPN and his son was about to play Ohio State in the Natl Championship game he went on a tirade on air the weekend before the game.

One of the other commentators, Chris Berman or someone, asked him what he thought the final score would be...? Winslow immediately started shouting and ranting, 35 to nothing!!! He screamed. Berman looked incredulous, "Do you really think Miami's going to beat the Buckeyes 35-0...!?!"

NO he screamed back.... that's going to be the score at halftime!!! Then he launched into another tirade about how Ohio State didn't belong on the same field as the Hurricanes and what an insult it was that they even had to play such a pretender! He continued hollering about how this Miami team was probably the greatest team in college football history and that they might be denied that title because future sports writers would claim they only defeated a lowly Buckeye team this year....

Now you know why the 2002 Natl Championship game is my second favorite Buckeye game ever!!! :twisted:

Exile

Post by Exile » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:05 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:45 pm

Now you know why the 2002 Natl Championship game is my second favorite Buckeye game ever!!! :twisted:
:D

Love it. I missed that tirade at the time and hadn't heard about it, but I'm glad he was so, so wrong. Does The U even have football any more, since that loss? Haven't heard much about them....

Exile

Post by Exile » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:14 pm

Steelers Sign Ben Roethlisberger to new contract for 2021

Haven't seen any details yet, but they did it. I hope it's a big, big contract for Ben.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:16 pm

Exile wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:14 pm
Steelers Sign Ben Roethlisberger to new contract for 2021

Haven't seen any details yet, but they did it. I hope it's a big, big contract for Ben.
I'm sure he restructured it to move money into future years.

Go read the comments on PFT, they're hysterical.... :lol:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -contract/