Draft Talk - Cuz it's never too early...

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
4256 Hits

Re: Draft Talk - Cuz it's never too early...

Post by 4256 Hits » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:40 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:33 pm
Yes....yes it was.... :roll:

Blake Jewell (@BlakeJewellNFL)
Was 2015 the Bengals worst draft class of all time?

Rd1: Cedric Ogbuehi❌
Rd2: Jake Fisher❌
Rd3: Tyler Kroft❌
Rd3: Paul Dawson❌
Rd4: Josh Shaw❌
Rd4: Marcus Hardison❌
Rd5: CJ Uzomah 👍🏼
Rd6: Derron Smith❌
Rd7: Mario Alford❌
I would tend to agree. Although Kroft was a very good pick, they just didn't resign him. But outside of the two TE they either got nothing or got terrible play from every other pick.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:34 pm

USA Today 7 Round Picks. I like 1st two picks, I think even if they sign Jackson need to go CB in 3rd. Plus I just can't see them taking 3 small school players.

5) Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

The debate has certainly built up, as Sewell isn’t as far ahead of the pack among analysts as he once was. That said, the upside for the Bengals still feels strong enough for them to take Sewell at No. 5. But don’t count out Northwestern’s Rashawn Slater as the pick here, as some believe he is more pro-ready at this stage than Sewell, but Sewell has the higher upside.

37) Azeez Ojulari, Edge, Georgia

Ojulari has been getting first-round buzz, and is even the top-ranked edge rusher from Dane Brugler of The Athletic. This would be quite a steal for the Bengals and a great spot of value and need matching up for a Bengals team that can use some more spark plugs rushing the passer.

69) Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami (FL)

We’re still unsure what the Bengals have in Drew Sample. We know Jordan can be a really good tight end that has been overshadowed by all the love (deservedly so) for Florida TE Kyle Pitts. Getting Joe Burrow more weapons is never a bad idea, especially now that the protection is boosted in this mock, with Sewell joining Jonah Williams.

109) David Moore, IOL, Grambling

The Senior Bowl is always a great place to find small-school players that make a name for themselves. David Moore is the latest name on that list, as he has had an excellent week in Mobile. A double-dip, maybe even a triple, on the offensive line is almost a must in this draft to protect Joe Burrow and make life easier for a returning Joe Mixon.

148) Divine Deablo, S, Virginia Tech

Deablo began his week in Mobile on a good note with his weigh-in (6’3″, 226 pounds). Very nice size for a safety and would pair nicely with Jessie Bates. Keep an eye on him coming out of Senior Bowl week.

186) Austin Watkins, WR, UAB

The first-team All-Conference USA selection in 2020 has also had himself a nice week in Mobile and came in at 6’1″ and 207 pounds. He could be a nice compliment to Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins and create even more weapons for Burrow.

229) Bryan Mills, CB, North Carolina Central

The Senior Bowl run continues, but it wouldn’t be surprising for teams to load up on Senior Bowl talent, with it being the biggest piece of the draft puzzle this year. Mills is just over six feet but was among the top players in FCS and was the first NCCU player to be invited to the Senior Bowl in over 30 years.

247) Malik Herring, IDL, Georgia

Herring showed flashes in Mobile in one-on-ones. He may be a bit undersized at just 283 pounds, but has the athleticism to make up for it and adds some needed depth on the defensive line for the Bengals.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:35 pm

Jordan isn't a bad pick in the third. He'll catch some passes. Reminds me of Gerald Everett or Evan Engram type size-H-back.

We really need an update from Shawn Williams. Deablo is ideal size, can allow him to play close to line of scrimmage and make some plays.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:25 pm

Devine Diablo...!?! :shock:

I want him on that name alone!! :twisted:

Mag

Post by Mag » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:16 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:25 pm

Same.

Mag

Post by Mag » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:19 am

Good draft, but I don't think we need a TE in Rd 3. Sample played well enough, plus CJ should be coming back. When healthy CJ looked really good. Had a great rapport with Burrow. Secondary, WR, DL, and OL are still much higher priorities, depending on what the team does in FA.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:27 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:25 pm

I don't buy jerseys often, but I think this would be a must!

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:34 am

if we trade back i'm definitely warming up to Pitt. burrow needs a good TE and you can see the impact a Kelce/gronk has

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:39 am

Personally I don't think it would be a bad idea. We need depth at that position and the ability to come out in 2 tights after an injury would be nice.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:43 am

skycruiser wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:34 am
if we trade back i'm definitely warming up to Pitt. burrow needs a good TE and you can see the impact a Kelce/gronk has
I would be okay with this if, and I feel like we all probably agree, they address the Offensive Line in free agency. If we aren't able to nab at least one of the top Guards we need to be looking at either one of the top two Tackles or trading down and looking at the top Guards in the draft.

PFF's Big Board has the top Offensive Guard in the draft as Wyatt Davis from Ohio State. He's ranked 34th on their Big Board. After than is Ben Cleveland of Georgia who they have ranked at 91.

I wouldn't say we need to take Davis too early but I would say we need to be trading down with an eye on him rather than grabbing Pitts.

PFF has six tackles currently ranked in the top 32 on their Big Board. If Miami takes Sewell there are other options there as well if we trade down.