Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Bengals v Rats

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:43 pm

Mag wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:31 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:22 pm
Just can't see mikey letting Taylor go. We would have heard rumblings by now and not a word. Just doing what he normally does. Makes the HC reshuffle the assistant coaches. Maybe in a year or two if he has another season like this but Taylor will be back as HC.
You almost have to let him go. If he had the team playing well in this game, maybe keep him. At the same time, the team is replacing the following:

-OL Coach Turner
-WR Coach Bicknell
-RB Coach Singleton
-DL Coach Eason
-Assistant DL Coach Chatman

Will likely also part with Anarumo.

What coaches will want to come to a staff when the HC is going into the next season on the hot seat? Taylor had a tough enough time finding the above coaches when he was brand new and hot shit. The only coaches that should be salvaged are maybe Simmons, Callahan, and Pitcher. At that point, may as well clean house completely.
Oh, agree totally. Good point about getting good assistance in here knowing Taylor only has a min 2 years left. Unless you bring in a Zimmer, Del Rio, Jason Garrett....not saying any of them, saying a former HC who's on the verge on getting another shot would come here if Mikey semi proposes an idea that they'll take over once Zac is finished. I,e,. Hue...
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:54 pm

Okay, first things first....

If your firing a lot of assistants it's almost universal that you're keeping your head coach otherwise you let the new head coach decide who he wants to keep and who he wants to let go.

The fact(?) that so many assistant coachs are seemingly on the chopping block would almost guarantee Zac's return.

And a team with Burrow, Mixon and our WR corp plus a top 5 pick would be attractive to any coach.

Remember, there are only so many jobs in the NFL to go around.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:42 pm

Also, Dehner in his mid-week podcast was adamant that Bobby Hart was gone this off-season - which makes sense only if he had also heard that Turner was gone. Additionally, he was adamant that the Bengals were planning on spending heavy in FA on offensive line... which would mean last season's spending spree was not a one-off.

We'll see...

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:53 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:42 pm
Also, Dehner in his mid-week podcast was adamant that Bobby Hart was gone this off-season - which makes sense only if he had also heard that Turner was gone. Additionally, he was adamant that the Bengals were planning on spending heavy in FA on offensive line... which would mean last season's spending spree was not a one-off.

We'll see...
That would be ideal...address OL in FA, sign or tag Lawson, and then the draft opens wide up for BAP (cb, wr, dl)

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:11 pm

The jets have already parted way with their head coach. What's taking us so long?!???

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:52 pm

orange_black wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:11 pm
The jets have already parted way with their head coach. What's taking us so long?!???
We're the Bengals. Taylor is not going anywhere for atleast 2 years.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:11 am

orange_black wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:11 pm
I don't see the logic in letting a HC go this year in the middle of a roster turn over. However in year 3 if we haven't made the playoffs I would definitely be looking to fire Zac. I think this year is all about getting the right coaches underneath him and see what he can do. If you just continue the revolving door there at HC you'll end up like Cleveland, a very talented football team and a hot mess all season. Even this year I'd say their a hot mess, and I do not expect them to pull of a win next week against Shitsburg...