NFL News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: NFL News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:28 pm

:roll:

Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats)
Carlos Dunlap has as many pressures in the first half (4) as the rest of the Seahawks combined.

Dunlap already has more pressures (11) on half the pass rushes (77) with the Seahawks, than he did with the Bengals in 2020 (10 pressures, 162 pass rushes).

#ARIvsSEA | #Seahawks

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:13 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:28 pm

Carlos Dunlap has as many pressures in the first half (4) as the rest of the Seahawks combined.

Dunlap already has more pressures (11) on half the pass rushes (77) with the Seahawks, than he did with the Bengals in 2020 (10 pressures, 162 pass rushes).

#ARIvsSEA | #Seahawks
Call me crazy but if I were Lou and Zac I would watching some Seahawk film to see how they are scheming Dunlap into better matchups. Because if they cant identify something technically different that produces those kind of immediate results, then they have a motivation problem in the locker room, and thus reflects negatively on the coaching staff.

They have to be willing to admit they were responsible to some degree and learn from it. Nobody goes from the bench to all-pro stats in 2 weeks.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Mag

Post by Mag » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:49 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:13 am
Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:28 pm

#ARIvsSEA | #Seahawks
Call me crazy but if I were Lou and Zac I would watching some Seahawk film to see how they are scheming Dunlap into better matchups. Because if they cant identify something technically different that produces those kind of immediate results, then they have a motivation problem in the locker room, and thus reflects negatively on the coaching staff.

They have to be willing to admit they were responsible to some degree and learn from it. Nobody goes from the bench to all-pro stats in 2 weeks.
They are just bad coaches. They can't coach outside of a specific scheme. Dunlap and others don't quite fit what they want to do, so they get benched in favor of lesser players that fit a bit better.

Good coaches build systems around the players they have and put their best players in position to be their best.

What's crazy is this team is in desperate need of a pass rush. They had players that could do it, but the coaches had to put their egos over the betterment of the team.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:26 am

idk mag i disagree in a way. good teams like the pats and steelers dont care who the player is, they have a system.

reminds me an urban meyer quote:

average leaders have quotes

good leaders have a plan

exceptional leaders have a system

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:27 am

Damn, just watched the highlights and Dunlap really looked good. That last sack was for the win. Kudos to him I suppose. He proved to everyone his career is far from over.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:31 pm

I was wrong on Takk McKinley. He just failed a physical with the 49ers too. Sounds like he has a lingering groin issue that is affecting his performance. I think B1 knows a lot about that so maybe he can elaborate a bit. I'm sure it's a small issue though.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:40 pm

:lol:

ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk)
Takk McKinley fails 49ers physical.

Mag

Post by Mag » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:47 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:26 am
idk mag i disagree in a way. good teams like the pats and steelers dont care who the player is, they have a system.

reminds me an urban meyer quote:

average leaders have quotes

good leaders have a plan

exceptional leaders have a system
Pats and Steelers have both changed their schemes over time to A) evolve to changing offenses and B) Utilize talent they have.

Mag

Post by Mag » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:48 pm

Well written take by local beat writer.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/new ... ssion=true

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:35 pm

domatapeko (@DomataPeko)
Just want to say Thank you Lord.
Thank you to my Wife Anna and my Kids For always supporting me through out my career Love you .
I’m So Excited and Proud to announce I officially Signed with the Arizona Cardinals for my 15 season! Can’t wait to Do my Job and Help Us Win games.