Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Exile

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Exile » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:50 pm

From The Athletic:
Finney signed a two-year deal with the Seahawks in the offseason but has not played an offensive snap for them. He has 13 career starts and has never played more than 33 percent of the snaps in a given season. In other words, the Bengals are not getting Joe Thomas in his prime. But Finney gives them a veteran offensive lineman at a reasonable salary who can play both guard and center. [...] Finney gives them another option on the offensive line, and they add a late-round pick.
Basically what I said.

They graded the trade out at a solid B for both teams.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:06 pm

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
6m
Spain is in town going through the COVID protocols. He should be allowed in the facility Friday and expect an announcement of signing then. He would be available to play Sunday, but you have to imagine that's in case of emergency since he's just getting in the building.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:11 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:06 pm
Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
6m
Spain is in town going through the COVID protocols. He should be allowed in the facility Friday and expect an announcement of signing then. He would be available to play Sunday, but you have to imagine that's in case of emergency since he's just getting in the building.
fantastic! 🙌

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:44 am

with the state of our Oline .... i would say we are in an "emergency" situation...

Get the guy on the field

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:01 am

orange_black wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:44 am
with the state of our Oline .... i would say we are in an "emergency" situation...

Get the guy on the field
Exactly.

And despite my reputation, I'm going to give this team props for (finally) moving on the O-line problem and a rather successful trade with Seattle.

Yes, they took too long to realize what a sh*t show the O-line was. They had all off-season and a draft to address it, but at least, in the eleventh hour, they did something.

Is it going to help much...? We'll see. But for right now they showed they can move if and when, they have to.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:32 pm

Article from Cincyjungle.com on the immediate future of the Bengals O-line....

The Bengals made a big splash today when they traded Carlos Dunlap to the Seahawks for a seventh-round NFL Draft pick, as well as offensive lineman B.J. Finney.

Because Finney can play either guard spot in addition to center, it brought the question of would the Bengals still sign Quinton Spain, who is on a free agent visit?

According to Ian Rapoport, the Bengals are, in fact, still expected to sign Spain, who is currently going through COVID-19 protocols in Cincinnati.
Both Finney and Spain have been serviceable starters, but Finney can actually play center, whereas Spain is strictly a guard, so this will give Cincinnati more depth at all three interior offensive line spots.

Still, it will be interesting to see what the Bengals do with both players moving forward. Neither will be able to play this week vs. the Titans due to the NFL’s COVID-19 protocols. The Bengals get a bye in Week 9 before facing the Steelers in Week 10, so the team should have enough time to get both players up to speed before traveling to Pittsburgh.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:42 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:32 pm
Aeither will be able to play this week vs. the Titans due to the NFL’s COVID-19 protocols. The Bengals get a bye in Week 9 before facing the Steelers in Week 10, so the team should have enough time to get both players up to speed before traveling to Pittsburgh.
Why can't B.J. play? He was following same protocols with Seattle CV rules in so many cases make no sense.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:02 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:42 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:32 pm
Aeither will be able to play this week vs. the Titans due to the NFL’s COVID-19 protocols. The Bengals get a bye in Week 9 before facing the Steelers in Week 10, so the team should have enough time to get both players up to speed before traveling to Pittsburgh.
Why can't B.J. play? He was following same protocols with Seattle CV rules in so many cases make no sense.
Because we're the Bengals?

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:19 pm

BENGALS TALK (@BengalsTalk)
“In the wake of the Dunlap trade, my understanding is that teams have called the #Bengals about veteran DT Geno Atkins and have been told he isn’t available.”

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:15 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:19 pm
BENGALS TALK (@BengalsTalk)
“In the wake of the Dunlap trade, my understanding is that teams have called the #Bengals about veteran DT Geno Atkins and have been told he isn’t available.”
I’m okay with trading Geno and I’m okay with not trading Geno. The guy is a leader in the clubhouse. He isn’t complaining. If he’s okay with being a guy who isn’t used as much as he used to be he can still be an asset to this team.