Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:28 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:34 pm
I, for one of likely many, hope you'll reconsider and meet B1 halfway.....meaning he's one lugnut short of a cross between Ron Jeremy, Charles Manson and Jim Carey.
Wouldn't that be two lug nuts....?

But I degress. Some people just aren't cut out for the internet I guess. Meat was never really interested in the free exchange of ideas. He was more about posting his opinion and then attacking anyone who disagreed.

He hated being challenged....I mean hated with a capital H. And despite his protestations to the opposite, he really did have a hard time seeing any gray in whatever topic was being discussed.

If you criticised Marvin Lewis you hated him.

If you criticised John Kitna you hated him.

And now, if your hard on Zac it's because you hate him....period. No ifs ands or buts about it.

And despite what he posted above he really didn't get sarcasm, mine or anyone elses. He was constantly taking people's posts too seriously and flying off the handle in his responses.

Perhaps he'll come back after he cools down a bit. Perhaps not.

We'll see...

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:14 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:36 am

Again no one is complaining about Zac when he's going for it on 4th down in the right situations, or managing the game. Everyone is complaining about things that are coordinators or position coaching are responsible for. While I understand that you "Hate" Zac and it's very apparent you don't have to do it with asshole-ish posts like the one above.
Not to step in the middle of this "cat" fight. But isn't one of the largest parts of his job to hire good asst coaches and as you admit he failed miserably at that.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:24 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:05 am
Andre Perrotta (@andreperrotta13)
With Andrew Brown being waived today, Jessie Bates, Sam Hubbard, Darius Phillips, and Auden Tate are all that remain as contributing members from the Bengals' 2018 Draft Class.
Here is the complete draft. Bates sure saved this draft from being terrible. Hubbard in 3rd round and Tate late 7th were only other good picks. Price, Jefferson and Walton the Bengals would have been better to just pass on the pick.

1 Billy Price C
2 Jessie Bates III S
3 Sam Hubbard DE
3 Malik Jefferson LB
4 Mark Walton RB
5 Davontae Harris CB
5 Andrew Brown DT
5 Darius Phillips CB
7 Logan Woodside QB
7 Rod Taylor G
7 Auden Tate WR

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:35 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:14 pm
Not to step in the middle of this "cat" fight. But isn't one of the largest parts of his job to hire good asst coaches and as you admit he failed miserably at that.
Hater.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:15 pm

Grain of salt time...? :?

Cincy Jungle (@CincyJungle)
There’s reportedly been "serious talk" of an A.J. Green trade.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:02 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:15 pm
Grain of salt time...? :?

Cincy Jungle (@CincyJungle)
There’s reportedly been "serious talk" of an A.J. Green trade.
i'd be thrilled with a 3rd or better. trade ross, geno and carlos while you're at it

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:04 am

light at the end of one of the many tunnels...
Marisa Contipelli ☑️ @BengalsMarisa

DT Mike Daniels will return to practice today after being on IR since October 3rd with an elbow injury. The team has 21 days to activate him to the 53-man roster, and he can be activated at any time during that period.

10:32 AM · Oct 21, 2020·TweetDeck

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:28 pm

I just watched Burrow's news conference for today.... He's back to normal.... looks good. IM back on the wagon!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:50 pm

Zac Taylor on line one.... ;)

Buffalo Bills
@BuffaloBills
We’ve released OL Quinton Spain. #BillsMafia

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:50 pm
Zac Taylor on line one.... ;)

Buffalo Bills
@BuffaloBills
We’ve released OL Quinton Spain. #BillsMafia
After going undrafted out of West Virginia in 2015, Spain worked his way into a full-time starter in Tennessee in 2016. He started 48 games over four seasons with the Titans. Last year, he started 16 games at guard for the Bills.

Spain signed a three-year, $15 million deal in Buffalo back in March, including a $1.5 million signing bonus, a $1.4 million roster bonus, and $1.6 in guaranteed base salary, per Over The Cap.

Spain started the first two weeks of the season but took a backseat during an O-line rework in Weeks 3 and 4. He missed the past two games and was listed on the injury report in Week 6 with a foot injury.

The 29-year-old earns stellar marks as a pass blocker but struggles run blocking. Last year, Pro Football Focus charted Spain with zero sacks allowed.

In a league in constant need of offensive linemen, Spain should land a gig with a team struggling with their interior line and looking for a veteran presence.

Unsure on this one. Love the pass blocking grade, but Mixon needs help too. And, he may have an existing injury. Seems like an obvious upgrade, but I'd rather replace Hart first.
Seeking Superbowls