2019 Camp Thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: 2019 Camp Thread

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:36 pm

Looks like John Ross will be ready for the opener according to Zac. I dont buy it. The dude has a bum hamstring and as soon as he sees full go action he will finish it off once and for all. Huge bust. Huge waste. But we will hopefully have lightning in a bottle with some of the young guys that are more durable.

I think they keep 7 WRs but I dont see how they can swing that with Ross, AJG and Driskel on the roster. You have to keep Erickson. So that leaves Boyd, Malone, Tate and Core. If you hurry up and blow out Ross' hammy then you can keep Damien Willis (possibly lightning meet bottle). But Driskel will stay on the roster as a WR I believe. Core.....expendable or practice squad.

AJ's spot counts against the roster, correct? Dont think they pupped him as eligible to return.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:13 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:36 pm
Looks like John Ross will be ready for the opener according to Zac. I dont buy it. The dude has a bum hamstring and as soon as he sees full go action he will finish it off once and for all. Huge bust. Huge waste. But we will hopefully have lightning in a bottle with some of the young guys that are more durable.

I think they keep 7 WRs but I dont see how they can swing that with Ross, AJG and Driskel on the roster. You have to keep Erickson. So that leaves Boyd, Malone, Tate and Core. If you hurry up and blow out Ross' hammy then you can keep Damien Willis (possibly lightning meet bottle). But Driskel will stay on the roster as a WR I believe. Core.....expendable or practice squad.

AJ's spot counts against the roster, correct? Dont think they pupped him as eligible to return.
I think you are correct AJ needs to be on 53 then can move him to IR so can bring him back later. I don't think they keep Driskel on 53 no other team going to pick him up and then if want can bring him back after AJ is put on IR.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:48 am

After the Giants game I think it is clear that our LB problem might be worse than our Oline problem. Nick Vigil is horrible in run defense. Not much better in pass coverage. And Preston Brown did not come as advertised from Buffalo. Zac / Lou were trying so hard to protect the bodies he does have there were many plays that only 1 LB was on the field. If I was calling the shots I'd be finding me a LB off the scrap heap on cut down day.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Surprised stater at WR. From what I watched of preseason he has been impressive.
The Bengals won’t have wide receiver A.J. Green in the lineup for the first week of the regular season and they named the player who will be taking his place in the lineup on Sunday.

Rookie head coach Zac Taylor tabbed undrafted rookie Damion Willis will take Green’s spot in the starting lineup against the Seahawks on September 8. Green is out with an ankle injury suffered at the start of training camp.

“I’m just finding out,” Willis said, via the team’s website. “I’m going to wait to Saturday to celebrate.”

Saturday is the day the Bengals and the other 31 teams in the league will get down to 53 players, although Willis has less to worry about than most undrafted players. Willis had 98 catches for 1,496 yards and 13 touchdowns at Troy over the last two seasons and he’s caught nine passes for 118 yards and a touchdown in the preseason.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:44 pm

No surprise that Sunday and Monday have come and gone with no John Ross on the practice field. I am praying that one of these rookies like Willis can boot him off the roster. Let's just be done with the John Ross era like the Marvin Lewis, Pacman Jones and Vontez Burfict eras.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:35 pm

The Bengals signed rookie free agent C Kirk Barron out of Purdue today. He was signed by the Dolphins in May and waived that same month. Probably will amount to nothing but it's nice to see they are still looking for help.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:07 pm

I honestly believe they have enough bodies on the Oline to match a patchwork line for the season. Maybe a decent one if we are lucky. LB has me nervous. We need serious help there. Not much wiggle room at CB either with Dennard out a few weeks. Young guys are gonna get some fast learning on defense.