Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:26 pm

TheBurn wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:30 pm
would a Dalton + pick for Thuney deal even be doable? asking for a friend...
Unless he'd be willing to redo his contract, something I highly doubt, the answer is a hard no.

SoP will never pay a Guard that kind of money...

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:39 pm

TheBurn wrote:
ESPN's Mike Reiss believes the Patriots could be willing to trade LG Joe Thuney during the draft.

Thuney signed his franchise tender three days after receiving it. Reiss isn't passing this along as a report, but believes it is something Bill Belichick would "seriously consider" if someone offered a second-round pick or "high third-rounder." With as plugged in as Reiss is, it is fair to label this informed speculation. It was surprising to see Belichick commit $14.78 million to a guard for one season, though 27-year-old Thuney has emerged as one of the league's best interior lineman. There have been zero public reports of progress in extension talks, or of extension talks, period. The Pats are tight against the salary cap.

Source: ESPN
Apr 19, 2020, 10:54 AM ET
I would love to see a Dalton trade for Thuney, move back in the 2nd pick up another pick in the late second or 3rd and then trade our early 3rd with Dalton for him. Seriously shock Bengals fan base with that move!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:04 am

Tyler Dragon (@TheTylerDragon)
The #Bengals had a virtual meeting with North Dakota State edge rusher Derrek Tuszka, per a source. Tuszka is projected to be a late-round pick. A Bengals source told me the team is targeting pass rushers after the first round.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:15 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:04 am
The #Bengals had a virtual meeting with North Dakota State edge rusher Derrek Tuszka, per a source. Tuszka is projected to be a late-round pick. A Bengals source told me the team is targeting pass rushers after the first round.
I have my preferences but I'm not against a best player available scenario in the second round. There are usually some pretty solid first round talents that slip down into the second round. We can still probably grab a lineman or linebacker with at least second round talent at the top of the third. I just don't want to see them completely ignore their needs to go BPA in every round past the first.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:11 pm

I don't know about you guys but 2 days away from the NFL draft and I can't be more excited.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:20 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:11 pm
I don't know about you guys but 2 days away from the NFL draft and I can't be more excited.
I'm excited cuz we get our pick out of the way and get to spend the rest of Thursday watching the circus this is going to be with all of the in-home shots and technology snafus. Oh, and because I am also a weather buff on the side, there will be some excellent tornado chasing weather on Thursday from Mississippi to South Carolina. May be a lot of draftees without power across the deep south during the draft. And we haven't even gotten into the possibilities around hacking yet. :shock:
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:04 am
Unless someone falls then I hope it's not the second pick. Not much to choose from edge wise with the 33rd pick unless someone falls. Lewis, Epenza, or someone better fall cause Imma be pissed we pull another Samples in the second when we could have waited till 5th or 6th round for him.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:53 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:26 pm
TheBurn wrote:
SoP will never pay a Guard that kind of money...
Until he does.

The Bengals have an interesting habit of eventually changing their habits.
1. They'll never hire a couch outside the organization. Hello Marvin.
2. They never draft CBs in rd1 (from 1990 to 2005). Hello Joseph, Hall, Dre, Denard, and Jackson. Definitely no TEs or interior OLs in rd 1. Oh hi there Graham, Eifert, Zeitler, and Price.
3. Ok, they'll never cut a vet with significant time left on their contract. See ya, Iloka, Brown, and Dre.
4. They absolutely will never spend big money on outside FAs, especially a blue chip player in the first wave. Shit.

Old man Brown is glacially slow when it comes to making changes. It eventually happens.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:28 am

Mag wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:53 am
Old man Brown is glacially slow when it comes to making changes. It eventually happens.
And when it happens I'll believe it - not before.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:43 pm

Bengals resign Safety Brandon Wilson...

[https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-re ... don-wilson]