Beer

Talk about whatever is on your mind.

Beer

Postby Mag » April 10th, 2013, 3:35 pm

If you all are in Colorado, go to New Belgium. It is amazing!
Mag

Re: Beer

Postby Jmble » April 10th, 2013, 3:40 pm

I was in Colorado recently and everywhere I went had Fat tire. It's the only New Belgium beer that I tasted out there. I will tell you that I am kind of a high end beer kind of guy, but shockingly one of the best beers I have ever had was a Coors at Coors Field for a Rockies game. It's shocking how much different it tastes than a can of Coors from the store or at a local bar. I would highly recommend it to anybody who goes out there.

I am a huge fan of Belgians though, so I would love to try some more.
Jmble

Postby Bengals1 » April 10th, 2013, 6:32 pm

Fat Tire is everywhere out here as is Coors of course.

As for it tasting different at the ball park, it may not just be the manner in which it was served. Many beers, and soft drinks as well for that matter, are brewed differently using slightly altered recipes and ingredients to fit what the manufactures feel are regional tastes.

For instance, when MrsB1 and I visited British Columbia several years ago we found we really liked Rainer beer. A couple of years after our last visit up there it became available down here in So Cal.

We were both surprised at how different it tasted than what we remembered having up in Seattle and Vancouver. We assumed it had something to do with the shipping method or storage etc...

Turns out it was actually a different recipe than the original they serve up in the Pacific Northwest. The hops were different. One version used fruited hops, the other didn't. God, and whoever brews Rainer beer, knows why they used different hops in one local than the other but it made all the difference.

As a consequence, Rainer beer is no longer sold down here. It didn’t last more than a year or two at the most. Makes you wonder why they didn’t just sell the same stuff down here since it’s obviously a big hit up north.
Bengals1

Postby orange_black » April 11th, 2013, 1:27 pm

i have regular sam adams in my kegerator right now :)
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby Bengals1 » April 11th, 2013, 5:02 pm

I like Sam Adams although it can have a bit of a heavy taste to me.

Out here Corona is everywhere. You can't sneeze without blowing your DNA onto somebody with a Corona in their hand... 8-)
Bengals1

Postby skycruiser » April 19th, 2013, 3:52 pm

moose drool brown ale is the best beer of all time. if you're west of the mississippi give it a shot

trust me, i'm a doctor
skycruiser

Postby Bengals1 » April 19th, 2013, 6:47 pm

skycruiser wrote:moose drool brown ale is the best beer of all time. if you're west of the mississippi give it a shot

trust me, i'm a doctor

Yep, good stuff. Image
Bengals1

Return to Off Topic