Round 2 thoughts?

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
skycruiser

Round 2 thoughts?

Post by skycruiser » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:22 am

Since it's a given we're taking Burrow #1, curious who you guys want for round 2?

Bengals1

Re: Round 2 thoughts?

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:09 am

The best O-Lineman or Linebacker left on the board....period.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:09 am
The best O-Lineman or Linebacker left on the board....period.
Yes and yes.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:57 pm

Zach Baun LB from wisc.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:43 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:57 pm
Zach Baun LB from wisc.
When Wisky played Ohio State this year they talked him up like the second coming of Lawrence Taylor. And to be fair, he did have a decent first half against the Buckeyes. But then Ohio State made adjustments at halftime (something Marvin Lewis claimed were a myth :roll: ) and he disappeared.

I don't think he made a single tackle in the second half against the Bucks. :?

Mag

Post by Mag » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:03 am

From a value standpoint, receiver or OL. This is a historically deep draft for those positions. Could get an elite starting prospect at either position. Mims, Jefferson, Reagor, and Aiyuk could all be WR1s. Josh Jones, Isaiah Wilson, and Cesar Ruiz could be the picks at OL.

I have doubts on Queen, Murray, and Baun at 33. I think we can get similar talent in Harrison, Gay, or ADG later.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:37 am

Agree mag. I like the idea of taking Raegor or Mims with the 2nd then getting value at LB and OL in mid rounds

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:15 am

I believe we'll trade down if one of the LB's aren't there at 33. I think there is enough OL and WR depth that we really wouldn't be hurting too much by trading a few pics down and still getting a very good player. The question will be if there's one of the LB's that drop and if there's a taker on the trade.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:26 pm

Here are my draft predictions for the Bengals....

1. Joe Burrow
2. Some WR. The Bengals will eschew every O-Lineman and LB left on the board to take a WR. Their fear of not being able to sign AJ to a long term contract and the knowledge that he's injury prone even if he does sign, will propel them to grab a wide-out here despite this not being even remotely close to our greatest area of need.
3. Some LB out of a well known program like Auburn, Alabama or Ohio State. He'll be like the 16th Linebacker taken and not worth the pick but Zac will be forced into tapping him due to the lack of bodies we currently have that even know where linebackers line-up on the field. He will not be resigned after his rookie contract.
4. An O-lineman. He'll be like the 21st lineman taken and stick with the team as depth. He'll resign a moderate second contract after his rookie years mostly cuz' he's familiar with our system and has remained healthy for the first four years of his NFL career. Mag will triumph this as a fine pick ten years from now cuz' he wasn't released after his rookie contact. Meat will see this as vindication that he was right all along and the Bengals really do draft well despite all evidence to the contrary.
5. Another WR. Zac's lack of confidence in his own ability to draft well will force him to double up on a position of at best moderate need. He also fears not having enough weapons around Burrow so he takes another WR nobodies heard of who was probably racked up most of the time in college but has "potential."
6. Some special teams player not selected to play the same position for us he played in college. He will excel at special teams leading Mag and Meat ( or the M&Ms as I like to call them) to claim we really have a knack for picking diamonds in the rough despite never having started for us at the position he played in college.
7. A Tightend. Zac will tap some TE out of some loser school like Temple or Rutgers or Rice claiming he was a small school wonder. He'll sit on the bench pretty much his entire rookie career, not get resigned, and be selling life insurance in Poughkeepsie five years from now.

Guess which one's Meat....

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:21 am

can't disagree with anything you say there B1.

i hope we go QB, WR, OL/LB.

and a draft day trade of Dalton for a 2nd or 3rd rounder would be swell!