Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:30 am

Report: Bengals closer to extension with AJ Green than with Mixon.....

[https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/0 ... joe-mixon/]

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:33 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:31 am
I'm still pissed we wasted a first round pick on Billy Price.

Who's wit me?

Oh, I read all that Burrow stuff too and honestly yes, he's throwing subtle hints at SoP saying, "if you draft me, I'm not just gonna settle for a one and done end of season playoff run. He wants a team built around him, he wants solid draft picks (no more Billy Prices), he wants commitment to winning, he wants to be active in frew agency, he's not gonna settle for 8-8, 10-6 with a first round playoff loss and say, "oh well, atleast we made the playoffs huh"

And yes, if the bengals continue to be the bengals he gonna pull a Palmer, no doubt.
Everyone on this board you included were excited we drafted Price. He was the best C in the draft coming out that year. I will also say that he graded out before his rookie injury under a different O-line coach much better than he's been under current O-line coaching.

The Draft doesn't give you guarantees folks, it's easy to pooh pooh the pics now but back then it wasn't that way.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:23 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:30 am
Report: Bengals closer to extension with AJ Green than with Mixon.....

[https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/0 ... joe-mixon/]
I wouldn't give too much money to Mixon. RB shelf life is very short. Ride him hard for the next year or two (tag him) and let some other team over pay for him.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:13 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:33 am
Joe Bananas wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:31 am
I'm still pissed we wasted a first round pick on Billy Price.

Who's wit me?

Oh, I read all that Burrow stuff too and honestly yes, he's throwing subtle hints at SoP saying, "if you draft me, I'm not just gonna settle for a one and done end of season playoff run. He wants a team built around him, he wants solid draft picks (no more Billy Prices), he wants commitment to winning, he wants to be active in frew agency, he's not gonna settle for 8-8, 10-6 with a first round playoff loss and say, "oh well, atleast we made the playoffs huh"

And yes, if the bengals continue to be the bengals he gonna pull a Palmer, no doubt.
Everyone on this board you included were excited we drafted Price. He was the best C in the draft coming out that year. I will also say that he graded out before his rookie injury under a different O-line coach much better than he's been under current O-line coaching.

The Draft doesn't give you guarantees folks, it's easy to pooh pooh the pics now but back then it wasn't that way.
He sucks! He can't even adjust to interior oline position.

I know no one's a quarentee but him, dennard, cedric are partially to blame this team won 2 games last season. We cannot miss in the first round, now that's a guarentee!
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:45 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:

You're correct with one major codicil. We're just fans and NFL Teams are supposed to have professional scouts who know better.

I understand there are no guarantees and even pro scouts miss occasionally (ours especially it seems :roll: ) but to whiff on Price after whiffing on Oogie-Boogie and Fisher (and let's not forget "Junior" Samples :shock: ) I think it's only fair to question whether our O-Line scouts really know what they're doing... :roll:

PS- The second eyeroll emoji was for Jmble. ;)

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:37 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:45 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

You're correct with one major codicil. We're just fans and NFL Teams are supposed to have professional scouts who know better.

I understand there are no guarantees and even pro scouts miss occasionally (ours especially it seems :roll: ) but to whiff on Price after whiffing on Oogie-Boogie and Fisher (and let's not forget "Junior" Samples :shock: ) I think it's only fair to question whether our O-Line scouts really know what they're doing... :roll:

PS- The second eyeroll emoji was for Jmble. ;)

Yes, its bad enough we whiffed on number ones last few years but whiffing on number two's and we wonder why we sitting here 2-14 with a number 1 pick.

I still don't see what they seen in samples. Good grief.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:51 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:37 pm
My understanding is that they were all set to take another O-lineman when the guy they had targeted was taken a few picks in front of them. So according to Zac Taylor they opted for "the next best thing...a blocking TE."

I kid you not, that's what Dehner and others reported. Instead of taking the next O-lineman on their chart they took a blocking tight end out of Washington.

It really makes you shake your head doesn't it...? :roll:

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:03 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:51 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
My understanding is that they were all set to take another O-lineman when the guy they had targeted was taken a few picks in front of them. So according to Zac Taylor they opted for "the next best thing...a blocking TE."

I kid you not, that's what Dehner and others reported. Instead of taking the next O-lineman on their chart they took a blocking tight end out of Washington.

It really makes you shake your head doesn't it...? :roll:

Yes it does. That's what freaks me out about this team. We've read this kinda stuff before about a player they're zeroing in on is taken before he gets to us and this team just melts when that happens. I can't grasp how you cannot have, lets say the 24th pick and have player A rated 1, however if hes taken do they not have a player A rated 2 or A1- A2? They just freak the fug out and draft someone who has everyone shaken their heads.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:03 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Yes it does. That's what freaks me out about this team. We've read this kinda stuff before about a player they're zeroing in on is taken before he gets to us and this team just melts when that happens. I can't grasp how you cannot have, lets say the 24th pick and have player A rated 1, however if hes taken do they not have a player A rated 2 or A1- A2? They just freak the fug out and draft someone who has everyone shaken their heads.
I've often contended that you could give me an ESPN Draft Guide and a pencil & paper and I could do a better job drafting players than our coaches/scouts do.

I don't really think that's much of an exaggeration either... 8-)

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:15 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:03 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
I've often contended that you could give me an ESPN Draft Guide and a pencil & paper and I could do a better job drafting players than our coaches/scouts do.

I don't really think that's much of an exaggeration either... 8-)
It's not. Some I think over analyze-over think it. They get into to much personal stuff, like what and who their parents are, who they were raised by, what they did in high school, if they're gay, etc....just give me a player man. Give me somebody who eats, sleeps and shits football.