Last Jedi (Spoilers)

Talk about whatever is on your mind.

Re: Last Jedi (Spoilers)

Postby Joe Bananas » January 2nd, 2018, 10:20 pm

I didn't like it and Mag hit everything on base with my thoughts.

Theres nothing to desired left after this one. There were alot of questions and thoughts after each one before this. In the TFA we had Maz' story she was supposed to tell us about why lukes lightsaber was attracted to rey and her only. We still don't know who the fuck snoke is...was....soooooooooo Luke's lightsaber was attracted to an orphan who's parents were drunks??

And YES! They made luke out to be a total bafoon! I hated the movie! And i hated it really baddddddddddddddddd

As we speak there's no supreme leader......no real jedi and no real sith....kylo is not a jedi and hes not a true sith. Same for rey. Hes not a true jedi

I told my nephew walking out its ashame that after seeing the last jedi poe dameron is my fav character now ans thats saying NOTHING!
Joe Bananas

Postby Deadcat » January 26th, 2018, 12:47 pm

What a fantastic thread. Why haven't I seen this before?

Now onto my thoughts. I agree with the sentiment that the movie was a let down. I will, however, not go so far as to say the movie was bad. It was Star Wars which automatically makes it better that most movies on the market. There were numerous really cool scenes/events in the movie that any Star Wars fans will appreciate. I'm thankful Star Wars moved away from the Giant planet looking ship with the big laser that blows up planets. The Dreadnoughts were impressive and a nice change of pace. The scene where Poe ignores orders and attacks the Dreadnought is one of the best scenes in Star Wars ever.

I thought Leia coming back to life was silly. Having the strongest and last Jedi (other than Rey) die at the end of the movie was dumb too. How does that jedi trick kill him? But the fact that he did it was cool. I just don't think they had to kill Luke off. What is obvious is Disney is trying to move past the old Star Wars cast and force fans to accept the new cast. They've intentionally killed off all of the popular characters. I think this was a error on their part. I can see Leia and Han being killed off, especially with the passing of Carrie Fisher. But I am incredibly disappointed they moved Luke to a ghost who will probably appear rarely if at all.

I don't mind Rey developing quickly. Luke didn't spend a tremendous amount of time training. Neither did Anakin. That's kind of the point and everyone's concern. Kylo trained a significant time and turned. How can they trust that Rey will not turn? They kind of addressed this in the movie, good people stay good and bad stay bad, people rarely turn. Kylo was always bad, but I'm betting he eventually turns. Which by the way, the fight scene with him and Rey together, while a bit cheesy, was epic.

I haven't given up that Rey is a Skywalker. I too thought that's where we were headed. They never truly explained the connection between Kylo and Rey. Luke referenced how he and Leia had the same connection which is a huge clue that they are related. Kylo's statement that she was a nobody at the end was merely a ploy to get her to turn. I don't think Kylo truly knows who she is and was simply calling her a nobody like you would the kid you're fighting in the playground.

I haven't watched the movie more than once. My kids loved it while I was disappointed. I agree that Rogue One was one of the best movies of all of them. It was tremendously well done and I loved how they tied it into the overall plot. I can't wait for more of these to be released.

I'm holding out a lot of hope for Episode IX.
Deadcat

Postby orange_black » January 29th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Deadcat wrote:I'm holding out a lot of hope for Episode IX.

If episode IX can somehow pull it all together to make us star wars diehards happy, then episode IX may be the greatest star wars film of them all...

well besides ESB...

and R1....
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby Deadcat » January 29th, 2018, 8:27 pm

It would be nice if Disney found a good director and stuck with him. J.J. was great but they lost him to Star Trek. The guy who did Rogue One also did The Last Jedi, so maybe it was the story that failed there. I imagine Star Wars fans will be happy with the story line being brought to a conclusion. Personally, I'm more looking forward to the Han Solo movie than Episode IX. My expectations are low so I'll be happy regardless. I just love the genre. If only they could think of a way to make more Lord of the Rings movies, or the Matrix. We need another great trilogy to fall in love with.
Deadcat

Postby orange_black » January 30th, 2018, 2:09 pm

i'm still holding out hope for a Boba Fett movie.

that movie would break all sorts of records...
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby Deadcat » February 1st, 2018, 11:01 am

Just rewatched Rogue 1. What a fantastic movie all around. I had missed some of the cameos from the original Star Wars that I saw the second time around.
Deadcat

Postby Mag » February 9th, 2018, 7:21 am

I've never understood the want for a Boba Fett movie. He had a total of five minutes of screen time in all the movies and he was easy to kill.

I want a young Yoda movie.
Mag

Postby Deadcat » February 9th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Mag wrote:I've never understood the want for a Boba Fett movie. He had a total of five minutes of screen time in all the movies and he was easy to kill.

He was just a fan favorite. The dude was sharp. I mean, he hid in the trash to trick Han Solo. I believe Boba Fett or maybe it was his father was shown in the Clone Wars movies. Not sure which episode. I think it would be a cool movie.

But hey, I'm game for a Yoda backstory movie as well.
Deadcat

Postby Joe Bananas » February 18th, 2018, 3:57 pm

Deadcat wrote:Just rewatched Rogue 1. What a fantastic movie all around. I had missed some of the cameos from the original Star Wars that I saw the second time around.

Agree DC. Rogue one is one of my favs as of late. But. I liked TFA. I just cant bring myself to like TLJ
Joe Bananas

Postby Joe Bananas » February 18th, 2018, 4:01 pm

Mag wrote:I've never understood the want for a Boba Fett movie. He had a total of five minutes of screen time in all the movies and he was easy to kill.

That would work mag!

I'd like to see an old republic/Sith movie.

There's so much or there they could do. Who was the original Sith and why? Who was the original jedi and how? I just love the darkness of the star wars movies. I wanna see a Darth Bayne, some other bad ass Sith movie.
Joe Bananas

Previous

Return to Off Topic