GoT - Potential Spoilers, enter at own risk

Talk about whatever is on your mind.

GoT - Potential Spoilers, enter at own risk

Postby Ryno » June 17th, 2015, 9:20 am

So any Game of Thrones watchers? Any theories from the finale?
Hear them Bengals growling mean and angry.....
Ryno

Re: GoT - Potential Spoilers, enter at own risk

Postby Jmble » June 17th, 2015, 9:32 am

I changed up the title for you just in case....

My theory is that it's not a coincidence that Melisandre showed back up at the wall just in time for Jon's death. We've already seen the Red Priests be granted the power of resurrection in the past. My guess is that she will bring him back.
Jmble

Postby Ryno » June 17th, 2015, 9:45 am

I've seen that one, but I kind of like a couple of the others, either that he warged into Ghost, and then will warg back into another human body at some point or that he could end up being a White Walker and leading that army against Dany in the end game, with a frost dragon that is actually frozen inside the wall. So many crazy theories out there. I initially thought the same thing as you. If you believe that he, Tyrion and Dany all have Targaryn blood then they could all potentially be Dragon Riders. This season wasn't the best, but next season should be very interesting.
Ryno

Postby Jmble » June 17th, 2015, 9:58 am

I think that Jon having Targaryn blood is almost a certainty. Otherwise the whole mystery of his mother makes absolutely no sense. I think it's clear that Jon isn't Ned's son. It's always been completely out of character for Ned to have cheated on Catelyn even if they were at war. But it makes perfect sense that Ned would have taken in his sister's bastard child to raise as his own and keep safe. Now whether the father was in fact the mad king remains to be seen.

It will be interesting to see if George gets the next book out before next season. I really think he wants to get his version of what happens to Jon Snow out there before the tv show airs it. But I have my doubts that it will happen.

I thought this season was mostly boring in comparison to other seasons, but then the books it was basing off of were also more boring than the other books.
Jmble

Postby Ryno » June 17th, 2015, 10:16 am

Is the theory it was the mad king or another Targ? Wouldn't Dany be his Aunt technically?
Ryno

Postby Jmble » June 17th, 2015, 10:29 am

The prevailing theory is that it's The Mad King. Which given the Tyrion theory potentially makes Jon and Tyrion brothers. Which also leads to some major foreshadowing way back in season one with Jon and Tyrion and the discussions about how being a dwarf isn't much different than being a bastard. Dany is also the daughter of the Mad King, so that would make them all siblings. Though Dany's mother was the Mad King's sister as inbreeding was popular amongst the Targaryans.
Jmble

Postby Ryno » June 17th, 2015, 10:47 am

I know everything I've read had one of Tyrion and Jon Snow being another Targaryans not the Mad Kings. I'll have to find it and post a link.
Ryno

Postby Jmble » June 17th, 2015, 10:53 am

You're right. Rhaegar Targaryen who was the son of the Mad King is the one who is thought to be Jon's father. Though I think the Tyrion theory might still be linked to the king. As Tywin was hand to the king at the time that Tyrion was born. Plus with Tyrion's age, it would make more sense that he was born to the king rather than the prince.
Jmble

Postby Ryno » June 17th, 2015, 11:01 am

Yes I believe that is right, here is the Jon Snow Theory from an article I found.

The Theory
Though Jon is known as "Ned Stark's bastard," the theory is that he's only Ned Stark's nephew, and his real mother is Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister, and his father is Rhaegar Targaryen, the son of the Mad King Aerys. We have never met either of these characters on the show, as they died years before the show's events commence, but they have been referred to on the show — at least, they have recently. Rhaegar, if you need a refresher, is the oldest brother of Daenerys, and he is killed during Robert Baratheon's rebellion. What we know of Lyanna is that she had been kidnapped by Rhaegar when she was engaged to Robert, and when Ned finds her, she's dying in bed, but it's never said how she dies.
Ryno

Postby Exile » June 17th, 2015, 2:06 pm

Ryno wrote:Yes I believe that is right, here is the Jon Snow Theory from an article I found.

The Theory
Though Jon is known as "Ned Stark's bastard," the theory is that he's only Ned Stark's nephew, and his real mother is Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister, and his father is Rhaegar Targaryen, the son of the Mad King Aerys. We have never met either of these characters on the show, as they died years before the show's events commence, but they have been referred to on the show — at least, they have recently. Rhaegar, if you need a refresher, is the oldest brother of Daenerys, and he is killed during Robert Baratheon's rebellion. What we know of Lyanna is that she had been kidnapped by Rhaegar when she was engaged to Robert, and when Ned finds her, she's dying in bed, but it's never said how she dies.

I'm late to the party, but I'm a big fan of the books and the HBO version. The above theory about Jon Snow seems likely, except that it seems likely that Lyanna was not kidnapped by Rhaegar but that she loved him and they ran off together, though when Robert Baratheon talks about it, he believes she was kidnapped and raped, but then, he was supposed to marry her and probably would rather believe that.

I'm among those who expect Melisandre to bring Jon Snow back from the dead, much like Thoros bringing back Beric. Really, why else bring Melisandre back to the Wall, where she remains in the books instead of going with Stannis? For what it's worth, I rather like the way that the show dramatized this whole storyline, bringing the whole family and Melisandre along to insert the Shireen dilemma there and for Melisandre to have that moment where she realized that she's backing the wrong horse.
Exile

Next

Return to Off Topic