General Free Agency News & Chatter.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: General Free Agency News & Chatter.

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:00 pm

I like the idea of Boyd resigning but probably not going happen. Bengals are never gonna learn their lesson by letting these good, expirence type leaders walk.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:19 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:04 pm
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
New Texans RB Joe Mixon now has signed a three-year, $27 million contract extension that includes $13 million guaranteed from Houston, per source.
They will regret that contract by November of this year.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:52 pm

Twitter is ablaze tonight with fears we just screwed up RT, NT and soon to be WR if Higgins decides to sit. Not feeling to good about this myself honestly. Need to resolve one of these three issues before the draft. If Tart doesnt sign I really think the Bengals go fishing with draft picks for a top tier run stopper. Seeing Derrick Brown from the Panthers being thrown around a lot.

We'll see, but if Tart isnt at Jeff Rubys pounding a couple ribeyes right now we're in trouble.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:36 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:52 pm
We'll see, but if Tart isnt at Jeff Rubys pounding a couple ribeyes right now we're in trouble.
You're going to get JoeB excited again with talk like that...

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:37 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Twitter is ablaze tonight with fears we just screwed up RT, NT and soon to be WR if Higgins decides to sit. Not feeling to good about this myself honestly. Need to resolve one of these three issues before the draft. If Tart doesnt sign I really think the Bengals go fishing with draft picks for a top tier run stopper. Seeing Derrick Brown from the Panthers being thrown around a lot.

We have honestly gotten a bit worse little by little the last few seasons. Bad draft classes, not trading for players like the Rats and rest have, and while the other teams in out division have gotten better (maybe the Stoolers excluded), I can't honestly sit here and say we have. You can't lose Bell, Bates, Reader, Mixon, Boyd and expirence leaders of the team and say we have. You really have to stop and think about this. Can you, any of you honestly sit here and say we have a better team now than the super bowl run?? Honestly? I'm serious.

All.we heard for the past few months is Tobin and the team have a plan. Ok, what is it? We have A HUGE HUGE DIRE NEED for a NT, And RT. Higgins may not play. Your giving a blue print to other teams drafting of what you need. You can't do that. You can't tell the world well we need a RT and DT and CB and we'll get them in the draft. Lol. Good luck with that. You buy your needs and draft BPA. The rats have done this for years and have 2 SBs to show for it.

So what it all the DTs and RTs are gone? Well we'll draft them in the second day. Ok...so you're going to draft a 5th round RT. He's a 5th round for a reason and not a 1st or 2nd. The only NT worth a fuck to draft is Sweat. He's projected 2nd round. What if he's gone? Who do we pick? There's no one in FA left...

We had all the money in the world to.improve this team from last year via FA and we didn't. Why??

Again. I can't honestly sit here and say this team is better than it was in 21 and or since then.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:08 pm

Agreed Joe. Tart and becton leaving without a deal is not good. Our 2 biggest problems of the offseason are still not addressed and I hate going into the draft with a gaping hole and then either reaching or not trading up to get the player we want while another team trades in front of us to take our player

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:32 am

At this point it looks like they're most likely going to just sign a journeyman RT and use the 18 spot to fill that need long term.

My guess is we'll see a DT in the 2nd and BPA after that.

I would be shocked if they don't draft a Punter at some point too.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:35 am

The way I look at it is, it was going to be pretty unlikely we signed both these guys yesterday because their both going to be around 10 million a year. We've only got 22 million left and we still need to think about signing a CB.

With that said I wouldn't be surprised if we do sign one of these guys here in a couple days after the market settles down a bit.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:35 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:35 am
The way I look at it is, it was going to be pretty unlikely we signed both these guys yesterday because their both going to be around 10 million a year. We've only got 22 million left and we still need to think about signing a CB.

With that said I wouldn't be surprised if we do sign one of these guys here in a couple days after the market settles down a bit.
Or, trade Higgins for a high draft pick, re-sign Boyd, draft a top WR, and then sign Becton and Tart with Higgins money. Higgins is not the end all be all WR. Neither is Chase for that matter. Mikey can't let his generations long stubborness about having players fulfill contracts stand in the way of success here. Let him go and make the team better for it.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:32 am

stripesincarolina wrote:

You answered your self with the first word "twitter". Twitter isn't reality, Higgins isn't going to sit so stop worrying about that, see Le,veon Bell. Secondly neither of those guys that visited yesterday were long term answers at NT or RT. The Bengals have been making really good decisions in FA over the past years, there's an entire thread on it. We need to have a little faith and not get wrapped up in the emotion of the moment!

In business and making deals the person that wants it the most losses..